Why Do They Stay? - Page 2 of 3

One reason I came to realize as to why they - Page 2 - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 30th Aug, 2007 - 10:28pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 

?
Poll: Why don't members who claim to feel uncomfortable here still stay?
  Envy or Jealousy       11.11%
  They can't find a better Community       22.22%
  They want to irritate everyone       11.11%
  They need Psychological help       22.22%
  They hope that their feelings will change       16.67%
  They hope that the Rules will change for them       16.67%
Total Votes: 18
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
The frustrated member
26th Dec, 2005 - 7:33am / Post ID: #

Why Do They Stay? - Page 2

Why do whiners stay? I have no clue. Maybe I'm just dumb, but I just can't comprehend why someone would stay if they are miserable, whats the point? I just don't know.

Offtopic but,
I have been a part of this forum for only a number of weeks, but as you can see, I could just sit here and post all day, if only life didn't get in the way. I have the utmost respect for all the "regulars." You know who you are. One thing I can't respect is someone who whines, complains, and gets offended by the drop of a hat. If you can't handle it, you are more than welcome to leave. There are very many forums out there who allow whiners to post, but there is no intelligent discourse there. Believe me, I've looked.

I think I know why they stay. We are a bunch of arrogant morons who need to be shown, the politically correct error of our ways.

Sponsored Links:
6th Jan, 2006 - 12:28am / Post ID: #

Stay They Why

You know, I was just thinking that we do not have this problem much anymore. Members tend to delete their account now rather than stay because I have written enough scripts and edited the rules in such a way that it really defeats any negative purpose they might have in staying. Mind you, it was those that stayed that caused us to have to implement these things so indirectly I have to thank them. spock.gif As for the offtopic above... I couldn't agree more.

Post Date: 10th May, 2007 - 11:53pm / Post ID: #

Why Do They Stay?
A Friend

Why Do They Stay? Feedback & FAQ News Community

I stay because the information is often very enlightening. I have to admit, though I wouldn't go so far as saying I'm offended, I do find one or two of the individuals who post replies as being a tad judgmental at times. Sometimes not saying anything speaks more loudly than any judgment.

11th May, 2007 - 11:34am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Stay They Why

QUOTE (lindamb @ 10-May 07, 7:53 PM)
I do find one or two of the individuals who post replies as being a tad judgmental at times. Sometimes not saying anything speaks more loudly than any judgment.

I am not sure if I understand your statement. This is not Sunday School. It is an International Community.

Also, how is your perception of posters being "judgmental" connected to the reason of why do they stay?

For me it is simple. If someone is looking for mature discussions without the "I am offended" silliness, then this is the place to come. If a person is too thin-skinned and cannot handle a good debate, then is not the place to be.

11th May, 2007 - 2:57pm / Post ID: #

Stay They Why

They all need help as I am betting their whole life is the same way, they just need to mature in their thinking. Some people complain to get noticed some just because they can, but none complain because they seek resolution or help. They do tend to gather as they are aways willing to listen to each other and feed the paranoia of the group.

Why do they stay because they have no where else to go and I would like to think the great boards here are part of it also.

11th May, 2007 - 3:03pm / Post ID: #

Why Do They Stay?

They all need help as I am betting their whole life is the same way, they just need to mature in their thinking. Some people complain to get noticed some just because they can, but none complain because they seek resolution or help. They do tend to gather as they are aways willing to listen to each other and feed the paranoia of the group.

You are right. It is an attention issue, they are actually what I call "Attention Seeking Persons" (we have a thread about it too) and they think the forum is here to cater to their issues and this is not a hospital neither we are psychologists. There are proper channels to handle this.

They stay because they love the *drama* they create. I am for once literally sick (in real life and online) to hear people saying they are "offended". Nobody offends you, you CHOOSE to take offense, it's a choice.

My whole point is: If the community is so bad that you do not like how things are running here, you do not like the posters, the rules, etc then leave and find another place that suits your needs. You can't have it both ways.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 19th Aug, 2007 - 4:43pm / Post ID: #

Why Do They Stay?
A Friend

Why They Stay - Page 2

It's difficult to understand why people stay ANYWHERE where they are not happy. I certainly will not.
Very often people are not mature enough to accept that people have different opinions and are entitled to do just that. Additionally, we also believe that when someone disagrees with something we say, it's because they do not like us.
This is also not the case.
I am here because of the variety of choice all in one place.
Maybe the people stay because they cannot get that anywhere else.

30th Aug, 2007 - 10:28pm / Post ID: #

Why They Stay Community News FAQ & Feedback - Page 2

One reason I came to realize as to why they stay is to keep tabs, as in keep tabs on what we are doing. Some people just have to know.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Why Do They Stay?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,