Weaker Because...

Weaker Because - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 13th Mar, 2005 - 6:20am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

You rely on too many aides
Post Date: 13th Mar, 2005 - 1:29am / Post ID: #

Weaker Because...

Some humans are naturally convinced that having an external aide to help them remain healthy is necessary for them to function properly. An example of this would be using a cane when if you make the extra effort you can walk without it. Others believe that trying to do without things provided to help us is just being in denial and defeating the purpose of helping you. How do you respond to this?

Consider the following...

* Wearing glasses always that keep your eyes weak
* Taking vitamin tablets rather than eating a balanced diet
* Taking pain killers rather finding out the source / cause of the pain

Sponsored Links:
13th Mar, 2005 - 2:38am / Post ID: #

Because Weaker

I am one for letting the body try to cope with ailments and not relying on drugs or medication. However, I do have my limits, and will sometimes turn to medication for relief. Case in point, I can't deal with headaches, and will usually take some pain medication instead of trying to let it blow over. There are too many people who will pop a pill as soon as they feel some ailment coming on, and I think this is a crutch more than an aide, as it does not allow the body to create antibodies and also creates a dependency on medications.

13th Mar, 2005 - 6:20am / Post ID: #

Weaker Because... Health & Special Psychology

I know people who will take a pill to help them sleep, take coffee or some other "pick me up" to help them wake up, take a pill at the first hint of a headache, take something else to ward off a cold... It never ends. I rarely take anything at all, ever, unless I am really suffering.

However, I also know folks who have to take medication or they cannot function due to constant pain. The medication merely "takes the edge off." I wear glasses always because I can't see clearly beyond a couple of feet - which means I can't function normally without them.

I'm sure there are those who rely on props or crutches or aids when they don't have to; but clearly there are those of us who must rely on the modern technology available in order to function.

> TOPIC: Weaker Because...

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,