Shau Ri Introduction

Shau Ri Introduction - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 16th Mar, 2005 - 4:22pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 15th Mar, 2005 - 8:06pm / Post ID: #

Me
Member Reader
[?] CPosts: 24
Flag Posts: 27
Avg: 0.0 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 0.1%
[+] Gain: 200.00 FP
Charm: 4

Shau Ri Introduction

Hi-
I'm Shau Ri, but you can call me Ri. Some of you may recognize this name from Stargate- I am a fan of both the movie and the show (Stargate SG1). I also am a fan of Lord of the Rings (the books and movies).

I love reading, some of my all-time favorite works include Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, Les Miserables by Victor Hugo, Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin, and The Count of Monte Cristo. I am a devoted Latter Day Saint, and probably a little too interested in politics (a passionate conservative). I also love to collect bumper-stickers and quotes.

I also have enjoyed RPG's and other online games in the past and am looking forward to playing some in a more mature community.

I was thrilled to finally find a forum that is serious about their rules. A forum that considers decency in language and pictures worth enforcing.

I am very excited to become part of this community, and am looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Constitutionalist
Tenet: LDS (Mormon) | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 15th Mar, 2005 - 7:37pm
Signature: ROCK is DEAD ... Long live paper and scissors!
Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 15th Mar, 2005 - 8:21pm / Post ID: #

Middle Ages Facts

Introduction Ri Shau

Welcome Ta Ye Ole' Forum!

Understand this Villager... Many a brave lad and las have come here in times past seeking adventure, but they were never up to the task at hand. Wilt thou also run like a coward? Thou must do the following to be an RPGer here:

1. Post no less than 30 constructive messages!
2. Keep an activity rating of no less than 75%
3. You should be AT LEAST 16 years old and intellectually vibrant
4. Read and show you understand (by the way you post) this thread on: Good Posting!
5. Diligently read the gaming rules for the RPG you wish to play
6. If you still have questions AFTER reading the FAQ Board then please ask them WITHIN this thread, do not start a new thread just to ask a question.
7. If you cannot handle the above then feel free to DELETE your account.

The next thing you should do now is update your profile. You can do this by clicking the link called, 'My Controls' in the top menu. You will be given a series of fields to fill in or menus to choose from, simply answer ALL the questions, and save it!

For further help on Creating Your Character:

We have recently added a unique WIZARD to the https://www.worldofmedieval.com/ page to help newbies and others get step by step information to build a character!

Post Date: 15th Mar, 2005 - 8:41pm / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod
[?] CPosts: 17,375
Flag Posts: 21,317
Avg: 2.7 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 70.0%
[+] Gain: 1,240.35 FP
Charm: 342

Shau Ri Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

Hi Ri, welcome!. How are you?. It's good to have you here. wink.gif Please feel free to check the site around and join our discussions. This is an International community where we have people all around the world with different religions and ways of life. I look forward to your positive participation. Have fun!

Oh by the way, click this link and read what we consider a constructive message. Take Care.

https://www.bordeglobal.com/foruminv/index.php?showtopic=4730

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Humanitarian
Tenet: -- | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Forty Something | Joined: Reg. 8th Sep, 2002 - 5:01pm
Signature: Don't make someone your priority when you're only their option
Post Date: 15th Mar, 2005 - 10:36pm / Post ID: #

Me
Diamond + G.I. Jane
[?] CPosts: 3,057
Flag Posts: 4,267
Avg: 0.6 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 14.7%
Charm: 183

Introduction Ri Shau

Welcome Ri. You will find we take the rules very seriously. We want everyone to enjoy being here, but it is important that the enjoyment isn't at the expense of the comfort of others or the detriment of the quality of the discussions that we enjoy.

I see you are interested in politics. We have several members who are very interested in that topic. You should find lots to keep you entertained here.

Have fun.

Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Unsure
Tenet: LDS (Mormon) | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Sixty Something | Joined: Reg. 25th Sep, 2003 - 11:45am
Signature: Tena is a very important person, let no one forget that
Post Date: 16th Mar, 2005 - 5:28am / Post ID: #

Me
Member Reader

Introduction Ri Shau

Oh dear- I have received my first chastisement on the site- a double one at that. And I am not posting to complain- I see Persephone's point about my post under Are Republicans Warmongers having a section that is rather off-topic (somehow it didn't seem so when I wrote it undecided.gif ) and I will try to be more aware of that in the future.

But, I am worried about what Persephone considered "unnecessary promotion of external site." I admit this is one part of the rules that seemed a little ambiguous to me when I read it- and I am still not sure what the lines are. I didn't promote a site selling something, but I did make a brief note of thanks for the work done to provide the information given on the site- that is what was edited out. Is that always the case? I don't want to be annoying with this- but as my Dad says- it is often okay to make mistakes- but you should only make them once. I realize I made a mistake here, but I want to be sure I know how to prevent making that same mistake again.

Thanks in advance for your help

Tenet: LDS (Mormon) | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 15th Mar, 2005 - 7:37pm
Post Date: 16th Mar, 2005 - 5:55am / Post ID: #

Member Watchful Eye
[?] CPosts: 719
Flag Posts: 1,226
Avg: 0.2 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 4.5%
Charm: 53

Shau Ri Introduction

Hey Shau Ri, Welcome to the forum!

I noticed your age was a bit off, I would have perhaps believed that you are 98 years, but your signature, writing style and status defy that wink.gif I hope you do join the RPGs, and be sure to follow Horde's guidelines for that. About the links, they have to be directly related to the topic. I don't know what was in the link, but that may be the reason.

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Independent
Tenet: Agnostic | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Thirty Something | Joined: Reg. 25th Oct, 2004 - 4:32am
Signature: When all men think alike, no one thinks much.
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 16th Mar, 2005 - 10:15am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,031
Flag Posts: 51,688
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,589.83 FP
Charm: 394

Shau Ri Introduction

Shau Ri Welcome to the Community. I for one am enjoying your posts and if a Bot warns you that is what it is... a warning... no need to be all worried over it, just learn from it and move on. About the links - we have a thread that specifically deals with Links to External Web Sites in the FAQ Board. I suggest you look over that and all the threads within the Board so you get a proper feel on things.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Post Date: 16th Mar, 2005 - 4:22pm / Post ID: #

Me
Member Reader

Shau Ri Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing

Thanks JB@Trinidad- I feel better *smiles*

I have been trying to study the FAQ boards (there is a lot to read and remember)- I will continue to work on it though.

I noticed your age was a bit off, I would have perhaps believed that you are 98 years, but your signature, writing style and status defy that

Smudge- you are correct- I am not 98 years old laugh.gif As you can see, I fixed the info. I had wanted to just put up the month and perhaps the day, but it wouldn't let me. Thanks for pointing that out- I had not realized that was how it ended up.

> TOPIC: Shau Ri Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,