Afraid Of The Dark? - Page 2 of 2

A lot of people are afraid of the dark because - Page 2 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 9th Jul, 2018 - 4:00pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
"Mommy there is a monster in the room!"
Post Date: 8th Feb, 2011 - 1:07am / Post ID: #

Afraid Of The Dark?
A Friend

Afraid Of The Dark? - Page 2

My little nephew and nieces are afraid of the dark and I just put a night light when they sleep over to help them overcome the fear. I think the best way to overcome the fear is to take them with you to the basement at night and show them nothing is there. That's how I got over my fear when I was young, at least.

Sponsored Links:
8th Feb, 2011 - 1:28am / Post ID: #

Dark The Afraid

Dude if I did that with my nice and nephew they would probably start screaming and blame it on me. I remember when I like needed the light on to sleep, now I can't sleep if its on!

16th Feb, 2011 - 12:22am / Post ID: #

Afraid Of The Dark? Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

I raised two of my younger brothers and helped them overcome this fear. By telling them there is nothing in the dark will only make them feel like they have lost you're support, which is a bad thing. Now they feel as if they have no aid to vanquish their fear.

Instead try embracing their creative imagination, tell them a story about a night time guardian who protects them from evil monsters, and that their blanket is made out of indestructible material that will harm the monsters if they touch it. This will make the child feel both secure and protected, and also feed his creativity.

9th Mar, 2011 - 12:50pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Dark The Afraid

Kujin you raised your brothers or you mean you helped raise them? Thats admirable that you helped them that way most siblings seem to like to use it for pranks and jokes.

9th Jul, 2018 - 6:25am / Post ID: #

Dark The Afraid

There is nothing to fear about the dark its just the absence of light not the absence of safety or peace. You know why some animals and other creatures only move about at night? Its because they want to get away from man, think about that.

Post Date: 9th Jul, 2018 - 2:35pm / Post ID: #

Afraid Of The Dark?
A Friend

Afraid Of The Dark?

Fear of the dark is understandable. It is partially instinctive, we're not adapted for it, so it was best that our ancestors stayed put at night, partly due to predators, partly the simple probability of being injured in the dark.

This is further reinforced by our emphasis on vision. It is by far our best primary sense. Without it, we're at a considerable disadvantage, and children are very aware of this.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
9th Jul, 2018 - 4:00pm / Post ID: #

Afraid The Dark - Page 2

A lot of people are afraid of the dark because when they were children they were taught to be afraid of the dark from friends. TV or stories.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Afraid Of The Dark?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,