Uma Thurman

Uma Thurman - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 20th Dec, 2010 - 9:58pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Uma Thurman
19th Mar, 2005 - 7:03pm / Post ID: #

Uma Thurman

I was surprised to find that Uma Thurman has not only a long history of movies, but also an interesting history in life.

Uma Thurman

international QUOTE
That background was not simply intellectual, it was also hugely exotic. Her maternal grandmother, Brigit Holmquist, was a great Swedish beauty who, in 1930s Berlin, met and married the monocled Westphalian Baron Karl von Schlebrugge. After the baron had been briefly jailed by the Nazis for refusing to denounce his Jewish business partners, the couple would take off for Sweden, then Mexico and China. Such were Brigit's looks that a n-de statue of her would be erected in the port town of Trelleborg, and her daughter Nena would also turn out a stunner. Spotted in a Stockholm playground by society photographer Norman Parkinson when she was just 16, she was taken to London to model for Vogue, then off to New York where she became a top fashionista. Caught up in the high-brow swinging set, she would find a father figure in psychedelic guru Timothy Leary and marry him in 1964.

https://www.tiscali.co.uk/entertainment/fil...urman_biog.html

She has starred in many movies including pulp fiction, Gattaca, Les Miserables, and Kill Bill. I don't think her acting is superb, but I still like her acting more than some of the critics. Something in her characters is complex and not typical, making them more realistic.

Sponsored Links:
21st Mar, 2005 - 4:28am / Post ID: #

Thurman Uma

I was never a big Uma Thurman fan until I saw 'Pulp Fiction'. Then I fell in love with her! I thought she was spectacular in the 'Kill Bill' movies and can't wait to see 'Be Cool'. For some reason, she seems to be getting more attractive as she gets older. Another one of her movies that wasn't bad was 'The Truth about Cats and Dogs' with Janeane Garofolo. 'Beautiful Girls' was also very good.

5th May, 2005 - 11:59am / Post ID: #

Uma Thurman Sports & Fashion Music Movies

It was different to see her in Kill Bill but I think she was awesome in Batman & Robin!

6th May, 2005 - 12:54pm / Post ID: #

Thurman Uma

Uma is certainly one of a very different set of "new generation" actresses. She's very beautiful in a unique way, and brings that along with her unique style to the roles she plays. I enjoy her very much, and I'm always surprised when I see her in magazine ads for cosmetics and such -- I don't know why it surprises me, but it does.

6th May, 2005 - 9:19pm / Post ID: #

Thurman Uma

but I think she was awesome in Batman & Robin

I completely forgot about her role in that movie! I guess it wasn't as memorable for me as her performance in Pulp Fiction or Kill Bill. She was also in Gattaca, which I thought was a great movie, but once again, too early of a role where she was not as prominent. All in my opinion, of course.

12th Oct, 2007 - 2:01am / Post ID: #

Uma Thurman

Sometimes people think everything is so easy for the rich and the famous until you read stories of stalkers and it's really scary.

An obsessed creep has been busted for terrorizing sexy screen star Uma Thurman with a campaign of stalking that included camping outside her house, invading a movie set and penning a bizarre drawing in which she was depicted digging a grave, court papers allege.

Jack Jordan, 35, of California believed that he "loved" the "Kill Bill" star ever since he started stalking her two years ago. He eventually left a letter at her Manhattan apartment that contained a bone-chilling threat, the papers said.

"I feel afraid that if I see you out again with another man, I will want to kill myself. Maybe even after we meet," he wrote in the missive left at her building last month.

Jordan, who was arrested outside Thurman's West Village house Friday, will appear in court Thursday on charges of stalking, aggravated harassment and coercion. He was being held in lieu of $10,000 bail Wednesday.

"He feels that he and Uma Thurman are fated to be together," a detective wrote in the complaint against Jordan. "Since he came to New York, he has been sleeping in a car on her block among other places and has been trying to see her in person and continues to love her."

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 1st Dec, 2010 - 9:36pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Uma Thurman

Psych patient defies court order

A former psychiatric patient who was convicted in 2008 of stalking Uma Thurman tried to call her again, defying a court order to leave her alone after years of unwanted and weird advances, officials said Tuesday. Ref. Source 6

Post Date: 20th Dec, 2010 - 9:58pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Uma Thurman Movies Music Fashion & Sports

Thurman stalker jailed in New York

A man serving probation on a two-year-old conviction for stalking actress Uma Thurman and harassing her family was jailed on Friday on new charges that he resumed stalking the actress, authorities said. Ref. Source 5

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Uma Thurman

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,