Medieval Tactics- The End Of The Cavalry Supremacy

Medieval Tactics- The Cavalry Supremacy - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 22nd Mar, 2005 - 2:49pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 21st Mar, 2005 - 9:17am / Post ID: #

A Friend

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Aljubarrota

As you can see a supreme tactic used in the battle. It was surely a show of the end of the cavalry supremacy. The traps and the arrows practily finished with the spanish cavalry before it got close to portuguese lines. Almost forgot. Ala dos Namorados literally translated means flank of the boyfriends.

The most famous Portuguese battle. I advise the battle lovers to see the link, after all it shows there how to beat 5 times bigger army biggrin.gif .

I tought about adding it here, because I see nothing about medieval battles in this part of the forum.

Reconcile Edited: Gorlack on 21st Mar, 2005 - 9:25am

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 22nd Mar, 2005 - 1:32pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Supremacy Cavalry Of The Tactics- Medieval

Medieval battle is actually quite interesting. The medieval battle brought on the advent of bigger and badder war machines as well as giant catapults that now used counter balance as opposed to sprint type action. This allowed for larger objects to be slung through the air and allowed for greater aim with it. It was also the era in which hot oil and other boiling substances where used to pour down upon enemies that where attempting to scale the walls of the fortress. Any battle or history buffs like myself will find the medieval battle era enlightening and an entertaining study.

22nd Mar, 2005 - 2:49pm / Post ID: #

Medieval Tactics- The End Of The Cavalry Supremacy History & Civil Business Politics

In the story of The Last Samuri which was in the same Medieval / just after period we can see where modern weapons out did the Calvary. Horses are no longer a means of great strength on a field as a nuke now is in modern times. In ancient Egypt and Babylon chariots with many horses were considered unstoppable - so too were the Elephants in India as Alexander the Great soon found out. In the Western Hemisphere as late as the old West coming into the 1900s horses still led a great many battles.

Offtopic but,
Konquererz, if you like Medieval History so much you should do well in our RPG - 'The World of Medieval'

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3212 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

> TOPIC: Medieval Tactics- The End Of The Cavalry Supremacy

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,