Student Rampage!

Student Rampage! - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 24th Mar, 2005 - 7:24am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Minnesota
Post Date: 22nd Mar, 2005 - 12:30am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Student Rampage!

Another Stundent Rampage

Six people died and up to 12 were wounded when a student went on a shooting rampage in Minnesota, a fire official said.
Ref. https://www.CNN.com

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 22nd Mar, 2005 - 1:26pm / Post ID: #

Student Rampage!
A Friend

Rampage Student

When will this madness end!? I don't understand this, I never even considered this growing up. When it was first done in Columbine, it opened the flood gates of bad ideas and started the trend that will continue to get worse. I don't think there is a way to stop it. Now that it happens more frequently, the kids think of it as a viable options to working out their problems instead of talking them out. But maybe the problem started when the teachers lost the ability to actually control their class. Now that teachers cant say a word to students, they get away with more, thus harm other children more, and thus drive kids to do this. We are reaping the benefits of 'protecting' the children from the teachers, its chaos and pain, all the way.

22nd Mar, 2005 - 2:51pm / Post ID: #

Student Rampage! History & Civil Business Politics

In my opinion, the US has taken away a lot of power from the Teacher and the Parents. It almost seems like the child / teen is unstoppable. However, based on present circumstances I think the number of professional Councilors in schools need to be increased and every student go through a session at least once a year even if it is just to see what is going on in the school.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3212 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

22nd Mar, 2005 - 4:13pm / Post ID: #

Rampage Student

I think the number of professional Councilors in schools need to be increased

That is a big part of the problem, because what is happening is that counselors are being taken away as part of school budget cuts. There are schools over here that don't even have a counselor. There is one counselor assigned to a region, which could include up to 10 schools. So basically it's a matter of whether or not the counselor is in your school at any given day.

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

22nd Mar, 2005 - 7:10pm / Post ID: #

Rampage Student

I think a big part of the problem is also with all the video games. Kids now play games where they shoot people all the time. I am not saying that a video game causes you to do it, but I think it helps to desenstize you to the violence. It also helps you think about it as a possibilty. Now, no video game will make a normal, well adjusted teen shoot people, but kids who do this aren't normal or well adjusted.

Then in addition to video games they play paintball, and now airsoft. In these situations, their targets are people...

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

Post Date: 23rd Mar, 2005 - 8:09pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Student Rampage!

'UTTER DISBELIEF'
Authorities were trying to determine Tuesday what caused a teenager to gun down his grandfather, put on the man's police-issue belt and bulletproof vest and drive his marked squad car to a high school, where he began shooting his classmates at will.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...20658%2C00.html

EX-COLUMBINE STUDENT RECALLS FEAR, TRAUMA
Liz Carlston remembers the paralyzing fear. The numbness. The loss of innocence. Almost six years ago, she was present during the April 1999 shooting at Columbine High School in Littleton, Colo.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...20693%2C00.html

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
23rd Mar, 2005 - 10:47pm / Post ID: #

Student Rampage!

https://www.cnsnews.com/ViewNation.asp?Page...T20050323b.html
Eco-Extremism Being Ignored in School Shooting Case, Critic Alleges

The teenager who went on a shooting rampage at a Minnesota high school Monday, killing ten people including himself, apparently had links to a neo-Nazi website that promotes environmental extremism and eco-terrorism.

Despite those connections, don't expect the establishment media to make it an issue, said a spokesman for a free market think tank.

"A real Nazi killer commits horrible acts, and much to the media's disappointment, he's linked to green groups. Not convenient, not gonna go down that path," Chris Horner, a senior fellow at the free market Competitive Enterprise Institute, told Cybercast News Service Tuesday.

"Things would have been so simple, and the gloves would be off immediately, were the shooter to have instead been found blogging on, say, a conservative political website linking to and praising the NRA (National Rifle Association) and anti-abortion groups," Horner said.

"Instead, despite the obvious issues, the killing spree now is likely destined for light news coverage instead of the frenzy of a competition for cover stories, serial reportage and in-depth worrying over troubling connections," Horner explained.

"So the story will now go without exploration and the press will soon return to Michael Jackson's courtroom wardrobe and spells of the vapors (a reference to fainting spells)" Horner added.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

24th Mar, 2005 - 7:24am / Post ID: #

Student Rampage! Politics Business Civil & History

I don't know how many of you have heard this but on Monday a 17 year old boy killed 9 people at his high school in Red Lake, Minnesota. He was apparently an outsider who was a target of jokes and put downs. He may have been involved in a neo-nazi organization he found online. The young man died of self inflicted wounds.
This has happened many times in this country and it's getting to be an epidemic and no one seems to know what to do. Does anyone have any ideas on how to make it safe for children to go to school? Is it the fact that weapons are too easy for anyone to get? Do we need to have schools that are like prisons? What is the answer here?

Message Edited!
Malexander: Topic already existed and was merged with this one. Thanks!

Reconcile Edited: malexander on 24th Mar, 2005 - 7:35am

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 11 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.1%

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Student Rampage!

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,