Unseen?

Unseen - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 6th Aug, 2005 - 6:47pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 

?
Poll: When online in the Community you like to be mostly...
  Invisible       20.00%
  Visible       80.00%
  I do not care       0.00%
Total Votes: 5
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Post Date: 22nd Mar, 2005 - 1:59pm / Post ID: #

Unseen?

Upgraded members have the ability to make themselves invisible to other members except for the Mods and Admin. Do you use this feature? When do you find it the most handy?

Sponsored Links:
22nd Mar, 2005 - 2:08pm / Post ID: #

Unseen

I prefer to be visible when I'm online. There may be times I wish to be "anonymous" or not feel like talking to anyone -- when I just want to read and post and not be distracted -- but mostly when I'm here, well, I'm here!

22nd Mar, 2005 - 2:13pm / Post ID: #

Unseen? Feedback & FAQ News Community

Sometimes I like to be invisible, depending on my mood. Right now I am at school but I am not invisible, but I usually am. I love this feature because sometimes some members want to track you every move so by being invisible, you can run away a little bit without nobody noticing it wink.gif

22nd Mar, 2005 - 4:21pm / Post ID: #

Unseen

As a moderator, I prefer to be invisible, because I feel it helps me perform my duties better, if no one knows (other than the admin and other mods) that I am there. I guess I feel like a bot when I am invisible because I can still post and moderate without others seeing what I am doing. If I had the ability to camouflage what I was doing if someone looked at the online list, then I probably would remain visible when on the forum.

24th Mar, 2005 - 4:37am / Post ID: #

Unseen

If I had the ability to camouflage what I was doing if someone looked at the online list, then I probably would remain visible when on the forum.

Well this is now enabled for all Mods and Admin. The action text normally shown is replaced with a funny or light hearted statement. No, regular nor upgraded members can request this feature.

6th Aug, 2005 - 4:41pm / Post ID: #

Unseen?

I've never used this feature and I don't think I will ever use it. I don't feel I need to hide from regular members. If they want to know who's online, then lett them know. They already take the chance of an encounter with Florena (I know I did). Further more, looking at the online page they can find out the topics of interest. On the other hand, even if you are invisible, they will see the posts you make and no matter what you do while visible, they can't stop you from doing it.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
6th Aug, 2005 - 6:09pm / Post ID: #

Unseen

I agree with you Raul and used to find it strange when regular members request to be hidden. I understand this is important for Mods so that no one feels like they are being followed, but at the same time I had one user (no longer here) who said they felt 'violated' because someone could see what they were doing. I believe the issue is that they do not want you to see what they are reading or interested in.

6th Aug, 2005 - 6:47pm / Post ID: #

Unseen Community News FAQ & Feedback

they do not want you to see what they are reading or interested in.

It's kind of silly because if you read something or if you are interested in something, you'll probably post a reply, thus everyone will know "you were there". They will even know when you were there.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Unseen?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,