Junk Food Safety

Junk Food Safety - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 27th Mar, 2005 - 2:11am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (7) »
Best of  Junk Food Safety Are you eating a tad bit more than you think?
Post Date: 23rd Mar, 2005 - 8:16pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Junk Food Safety

VALERIE PHILLIPS: 'I'LL HAVE A BURGER AND FRIES -- MINUS THE WORM, PLEASE'

Talk about unappetizing food news last week! First, I heard a radio report that Wyoming's food safety council wants to ban restaurant workers from wearing nose and tongue rings, since some of this hardware has allegedly been found in customers' meals.
Ref. Source

Junk Food Safety
Junk Food Safety (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
24th Mar, 2005 - 2:45am / Post ID: #

Safety Food Junk

After reading the article I was shocked at the following statement:

The Food and Drug Administration sets allowable levels for "filth" - such as insect or worm fragments and rodent hairs - in processed foods, "because is economically impractical to grow, harvest or process raw products that are totally free of non-hazardous, naturally occurring, unavoidable defects," according to the FDA's Food Defect Action Levels booklet,

Excuse me? Allowable levels for filth? I have to say that I have been fortunate to only have found a single strand of hair, but I know of others who have found fake nails, wood chips (from nearby construction) and strands of thread. I do agree with the article though that it is difficult to persuade minimum wage kids who are flipping burgers to practise hygiene when handling 'our' food.

24th Mar, 2005 - 2:59am / Post ID: #

Junk Food Safety Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

As a person that used to work in fast food establishments at both the front line staff and managerial level I can tell you that there are some pretty scary things that go on behind the scenes, enough to make you never enter a junk food establishment again!

26th Mar, 2005 - 12:00am / Post ID: #

Safety Food Junk

Anyone here likes Wendy's? I bet that after reading this you will not make a trip over there anytime soon!

Woman Eating Chili Bites Into Human Finger

A woman bit into a partial finger served in a bowl of chili at a Wendy's restaurant, leading authorities to a fingerprint database Thursday to determine who lost the digit.

The incident occurred Tuesday night at a San Jose Wendy's restaurant and left the customer ill and distraught, said Joy Alexiou, a spokeswoman for the Santa Clara County Health Department.

"She was so emotionally upset once she found out what it was," Alexiou said. "She was vomiting."

Employees at the Wendy's store were asked to show investigators their fingers after the Tuesday night incident. All employees' digits were accounted for, officials said, adding that the well-cooked finger may have come from a food processing plant that supplies the company.

"All of our employees have ten digits," said Denny Lynch, a spokesman for Wendy's International Inc., based in Dublin, Ohio. He said there have been no reports to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration of injuries at any supplier of chili ingredients to Wendy's.

"By law, you can't hide that sort of stuff," Lynch said. "All of our chili suppliers report no accidents."

Investigators seized the remaining chili and closed the restaurant for a few hours late Tuesday.

Health officials said the fingertip was approximately 1 1/2 inches long. They believe it belongs to a woman because of the long, manicured nail..

https://news.channels.aol.ca/news/article.a...324180409990002

Post Date: 26th Mar, 2005 - 1:56pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Safety Food Junk

NO BARE HANDS ON FOOD?

Many restaurant patrons assume that when they are served food, it has been prepared by workers who either wear gloves or touch food only with utensils. But under current regulations, Utah County restaurants are sometimes allowed to contact ready-to-eat foods with bare hands.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...21400%2C00.html

27th Mar, 2005 - 12:23am / Post ID: #

Junk Food Safety

Malexander said:

Excuse me? Allowable levels for filth?
That's right, my friend -- don't you love it? It really makes you want to just eat only food that you have grown and prepared yourself doesn't it? Interesting that they only listed in the article certain things that are "agricultural." Well, what about things from processing plants, like cockroaches and other vermin parts, machine oil, cleaning solvents and other chemicals, etc.? These are things not reported in the news.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
27th Mar, 2005 - 1:44am / Post ID: #

Junk Food Safety

The funny thing about it is this... all of us here will still go and eat the junk food... what are we - crazy? Maybe it is a case of denial that we think it just will not happen to us. Or maybe it is because we love taste more than our health? whatever the reason we would be fools as Consumers to allow any level of filth.

27th Mar, 2005 - 2:11am / Post ID: #

Junk Food Safety Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

While I agree with your comments in principal, JB, I don't agree that it is practical. If we were to decide to boycott all fast food places for this reason, then I think we need not be hypocritical or naive of the fact that this type of safety issue is not isolated to fast food only. There have been many reports in the past about people finding fingers in pop cans and canned foods. Or traces of bugs and insects in processed chocolate. To completely void ourselves of any level of filth, we would have to revert to growing our own food as has been mentioned here before, and therein lies the impracticality. I will admit, like I did before, that these incidents are very disturbing, but it doesn't change the fact that we will all still indulge in fast food and other forms of food; it just reminds us how much of a slave we have become to convenience.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (7) »

> TOPIC: Junk Food Safety

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,