What Will Humans Look Like In 1/2 A Million Years? - Page 3 of 6

Name: Abby Country: Comments: Maybe monkeys - Page 3 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 17th Dec, 2010 - 11:37pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Discuss  What Will Humans Look Like In 1/2 Million Years This is for SCIENCE based Discussion only.
13th Mar, 2010 - 2:49am / Post ID: #

What Will Humans Look Like In 1/2 A Million Years? - Page 3

We probably will not make it that far if religion continues to have a say in what we are allowed to do and say. If you look threw history, religion and the current situation of the world, people use religion as an excuse to kill people who are not their religion. If this continues to happen there is no way we will make it 500,000 years let alone 5,000. To answer those who think I am against God, I will say no, I am not. I believe in God, I just don't believe in forcing that belief on other people. That is just wrong.

As far as what we will look like, I agree with the idea that people will change their genetic code. Over time as our technology advances Humans will probably be able to and take advantage of changing their own DNA. Thus creating different classes of people, some for physical labor, others for thinking, others for space travel.

Though if I have learned anything in my life it is that the rich will rule the world and keep the poor under their thumb. So the common man will most likely be genetic mistakes and those who do the physical labor. I can easily see two species of humans evolving in different paths or something to that extent.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 13th Mar, 2010 - 2:59am / Post ID: #

What Will Humans Look Like In 1/2 A Million Years?
A Friend

Years Million Like Humans What

I have to say that is a good point of view. I think religion will not allow the race to be wiped off the earth as more and more people come to the consensus that yes we can live in peace and have our differences.

The fact that the rich will rule the world has always been a case that we see day to day. As far as it breaking down to two different genetic codes I have say that it can happen. But I believe there will be three as there will be some cross breeding going on too as the two classes interact and love happens.

Post Date: 5th Apr, 2010 - 3:25pm / Post ID: #

What Will Humans Look Like In 1/2 A Million Years? UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

Name: Patrick

Comments: I suppose we will have evolved in such a manner that our physiology and biology have been adapted according to the environment and also due to human technology itself. Maybe we will have bigger brains due to genetic engineering, etc. We might already live in other planets which possesses an entirely different type of environment which will cause mankind to evolve in order to adapt to that environment. If otherwise and we still live here on earth the environment itself might change (its happening already)which might cause us to change or adapt drastically.

Perhaps we might look entirely different from what we are right now or maybe there will be little resemblance. It is possible that we might become more intelligent due to bigger brains but our muscles might undergo atrophy due to the reliance on machines.

I would just like to add to the possible future of human civilization. According to the Kardashev scale (type 1,2, and 3: 3 being the highest), we barely rank type 1. But it is said that our civilization might become type 1 a century from now. It is also said that we may become a type 3 civilization 1,000,000 years from now. But perhaps it might be sooner due to the rapid acceleration in technological advancements. So we might already be a type 3 civilization 500,000 yrs from now. A type 3 civilization is capable of harnessing the energy of entire galaxies (which I believe is attainable for humans given enough time {500,000 yrs +} ). That is all and I hope humanity develops to such an extent that we might even be able to control the universe itself!

Post Date: 20th Jun, 2010 - 6:27pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Years Million Like Humans What

Name: Ellie

Comments: Lets hope we don't end up like the Dodo. Poor thing.

Post Date: 5th Dec, 2010 - 1:57am / Post ID: #

Years Million Like Humans What

Name: Seb

Comments: Where does it say that Homo Sapiens evolved from apes? This is a flaw of understanding. We only share the same ancestors. This is a common mistake made by theists, and often a "willing mistake" made to prove their point. "If we evolved from apes, why are there still apes?" - because we did not evolve from apes, we simply share the same ancestors. While this quote may seem extremely intelligent to some, it is really just oozing with the lack of education and ignorance.

Rather off topic, but...
Secondly, I'd like to ask, if I may: Why do you believe in god? I take it you were raised by theists? Do you think you'd believe in god if you were born in India? These are only questions I raise in order to make you think about yourself.

We will certainly adapt to our environments. Many people are however debating whether we're infect devolving, rather than evolving. The technology mankind is in possession of today makes it possible for bad genes to survive. Which in turn results in devolution in some cases.

Noticeable changes in the future would be the disappearance of the little toes, the wisdom teeth. These are, of course only assumptions based on observations which show us that balance is not affected at all by the absence nor presence by the pinky toe (I know that toes are not balance-organs, but they help stabilize), and that the wisdom teeth are not required due to our softer foods.

5th Dec, 2010 - 3:25am / Post ID: #

What Will Humans Look Like In 1/2 A Million Years?

If you look back threw our fossil history it looks like we evolved from apes. I can't say 100% thats how it happened but, it seems most likely. I will add that your theory is possible as well.

For me the belief in god is a common sense choice. Melting down all I know I assume there is a god.

international QUOTE (Seb)
The technology mankind is in possession of today makes it possible for bad genes to survive. Which in turn results in devolution in some cases.

While this is true, many genes are becoming stronger I imagine. Just because we are seeing mutations and destruction on DNA now. Does not mean it wasn't always there. It also doesn't prove that we are degenerating more than we are growing.

I wonder what we will look like in the coming years. As far as I can imagine it will be relatively the same. However more of a super hero human instead of a run of the mill 2010 human.

Edited Message Edited...
Persephone: Please look at how we use the Quote Tags here. When you do not use these tags source material that is not your own may appear to be yours when it is not. See our Constructive Posting Policy.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 5th Dec, 2010 - 2:34pm / Post ID: #

What Humans Like 1/2 Million Years - Page 3

Name: Seb

Comments: No, we did not evolve from modern apes. We simply share a common ancestor. This is why apes exist with us. Imagine the common ancestor as a tree and that the Homo genuses are branches, as well as modern apes.

Rather off topic, but...
You say that believing in a god is the most sensible choice of belief or non-belief. I reply to that, saying that not believing in god is the most sensible choice and you can notice for yourself how far we got with this. Anyway, this was not the question of the thread.

I only stated the theory of devolution, because people are debating around it. I did nowhere claim that it was true, though it sounds completely logical. Mutations happen all the time, negative and positive. But modern society makes it possible for those with bad genes to survive, while they would simply die if it wasn't for technology.

A super human is debatable. First you need to define "super human". If you're speaking of a super human with super strength, I doubt that will ever happen. Homo Sapiens has evolved into using brain over muscle. While other genuses chased their prey using pure muscle, Homo Sapiens used abstract hunting methods, like hiding on top of trees and waiting for prey to rest in its shadows.

Post Date: 17th Dec, 2010 - 11:37pm / Post ID: #

What Humans Like 1/2 Million Years Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 3

Name: Abby

Comments: Maybe monkeys evolved from ancestors during a cold time they would need fur to keep them warm and they migrated south and were hot so they shed their hair and evolved to the earlier humans that still walked and acted like monkeys and with lots of time they learned to learn and communicate and they had to change to adapt to their changing environment and intelligence. They could walk upright because when they migrated out of the jungle they had no reason to climb trees so their arms became they way that our arms are. Maybe we evolve because of our learned behavior which causes trait mutation.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: What Will Humans Look Like In 1/2 A Million Years?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,