What Will Humans Look Like In 1/2 A Million Years? - Page 5 of 6

I don't know what we will look like - Page 5 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 1st Mar, 2015 - 6:18pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Discuss  What Will Humans Look Like In 1/2 Million Years This is for SCIENCE based Discussion only.
10th Nov, 2012 - 1:52am / Post ID: #

What Will Humans Look Like In 1/2 A Million Years? - Page 5

I see us becoming like giants because of the evolution of bio-genetics. Regardless to how much help we get from technology we individually want to be taller, faster, stronger, etc.

Sponsored Links:
11th Nov, 2012 - 2:06am / Post ID: #

Years Million Like Humans What

I don't think is possible to predict what we will look like in half a million years. Is too long a period and probably humanity will not make it so far. But we can get some clues on our future evolution looking at our present and our past. We already evolved. If compared for instance to the medieval man (I'm talking about healthy and well nutrished individuals, not the starving folk in the countryside) we are considerably taller and far less muscular. Somebody said we are also more clever but I completely disagree on that: we have a more trained mind and a wider knowledge but that's it. Evolution is still working on those lines: every new generation is taller than the previous one and looks like the process is accelerating in the last two centuries. Mainly because of our diet: we eat more, in a more varied way and we often employ food integrators to fill the holes.

11th Nov, 2012 - 2:19am / Post ID: #

What Will Humans Look Like In 1/2 A Million Years? UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

Interesting that you should mention the food part because that food we eat now is not natural, a lot of it is artificial and sugary. I feel if we go down that road we will alter the way we look completely. It could be that we branch off into various subspecies as well based on our like goals.

11th Nov, 2012 - 5:27am / Post ID: #

Page 5 Years Million Like Humans What

I consider food one of the main factors that will determine our evolutionary path. I remember talking to a Canadian doctor some years ago. He was convinced that the use of antibiotics and steroids to raise cattle weight was the reason why the average weight of newborn babies in his country was increasing. In his opinion, the new generation of Canadians were bigger, larger but more fragile and less responsive to medicines. Ok, I would not take this as a proven fact, but I would not underestimate it either.

Post Date: 2nd Aug, 2013 - 7:09pm / Post ID: #

Years Million Like Humans What

Name: Name

Title: Evolution

Comments: Wow. I just randomly discovered this and was reading through the comments, but all I'm seeing is a bunch of Internet detective types and religious people bashing evolution yet displaying only the most naive and [amateur] understanding of it.
One of the few who seems to have his head screwed on tight is Zeuts, who seems to actually be educated in the dynamics of evolution.

DNA exists, mutation happens, evolution happens. That's just a fact of nature.

Rather off topic, but...
God is NOT a prerequisite for complexity. Complexity does not indicate a design.

Complexity in life emerges very gradually over time as organisms diversify and adapt to a wide range of environments.

I studied evolutionary biology at university, so a few things should set the record straight for those who think they have a clue but really don't:

international QUOTE
1. "There's such a thing ad micro evolution but not macro evolution"

If there's Micro evolution, there is also Macro evolution. They are not mutually exclusive, they are simply the small and large scale versions of the exact same process.
You might say "Cats can evolve into different cats, but a cat can't evolve into a dog"
That's not even what Darwinian evolution suggests anyway.
It works via one species diverging into two or more, hence, dogs and cats have a common ancestor, just like humans and chimpanzees share a common ancestor that lived 6 million years ago.
If you want to know more about how scientists know this, then I urge you to lock it up for yourself and take initiative.

international QUOTE

2. "If we evolved from apes, why are there still apes?"

A fairly obvious question to ask, but a silly one, and this is why.
When biologists and anthropologists say that humans evolved from apes, they don't literally mean any of the apes alive today.
They're referring to a now extinct species of ape, the same species whose descendants went down many different evolutionary paths, which have given rise to the apes of today, and humans are just one part of this primate family.

international QUOTE
3. "No fossil evidence"

That's just plain intellectual dishonesty and ignorance to be fair, and there's no excuse for it.
There is tons of fossil evidence, protohumans, like Austrilalithicus and Homo Erectus, there are lots of intermediaries that show a gradual change in form of the human body and size of the brain.

Post Date: 5th Aug, 2013 - 11:30pm / Post ID: #

What Will Humans Look Like In 1/2 A Million Years?
A Friend

What Will Humans Look Like In 1/2 A Million Years?

I think humans are done evolving, but judging by the way technology is advancing and the sheer fact that computing power is doubling every 18 months I would say that we will see a big difference over the next 100 years, we are already sending missions to colonize mars so we will be a milti-planet species by the year 2040. Not to mention we will have more technology for medical reasons so we may have computer chips implanted in us for internet browsing, personal profiling, device-less phone calls, body health scans to aware you of improper diet and spawning diseases / sicknesses. This is likely to happen before I die or shortly after, so I can only begin to image what the next half a million years will bring. If I had to guess I would say bio-engineering to perfect personal insecurities, slower or seized aging, I think racism will be set aside so more inter-racial marriage will cause us to become more of a whole unified skin color.

Aside from this I am overloaded with ideas and thoughts but only time will tell.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
14th Jan, 2014 - 5:34pm / Post ID: #

What Humans Like 1/2 Million Years - Page 5

We're gravitating towards being a push button society so machines and computers do all for us. If that keeps up then we'll be fat, stupid and small.

1st Mar, 2015 - 6:18pm / Post ID: #

What Humans Like 1/2 Million Years Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 5

I don't know what we will look like but I think there will be one dominant 'brown' colored race that will absorb all the others because by then there would have been so much intermixing of everyone with global travel being a matter of minutes rather than hours or days.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: What Will Humans Look Like In 1/2 A Million Years?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,