What Will Humans Look Like In 1/2 A Million Years? - Page 2 of 6

Here is a thought. Who says that the aliens - Page 2 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 13th Mar, 2010 - 1:37am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Discuss  What Will Humans Look Like In 1/2 Million Years This is for SCIENCE based Discussion only.
3rd Apr, 2005 - 12:07pm / Post ID: #

What Will Humans Look Like In 1/2 A Million Years? - Page 2

international QUOTE
The idea of intelligent design is completely illogical. To say that life is too complex to not have been created by the intelligent design of some higher being is absurd.

I was going to increase your charisma until I read this part of your post. When you make such a statement, be sure to present it as your opinion of the statement not a fact. To you this may seem absurd, to me it does not, and obviously to the original poster it does not.

Since evolution between species has absolutely no evidence to support it has ever happened, the theory of intelligent design is just as likely to have been the way we came to exist. I agree things evolve, and so it is possible humans will too, but not into something other than human. I do not believe we once were apes. There is no real evidence, yet, to show that this is true.

Rather off topic, but...
Your statement seems insulting to me and that isn't allowed. Go to this thread to read about acceptable ways to post such things. You should read the entire thread, but specifically read item #14 in the first post, especially.

Sponsored Links:
3rd Apr, 2005 - 8:42pm / Post ID: #

Years Million Like Humans What

I'm sorry if I offended you. I have a tendency to get a little too excited about these things.

I should have presented a link to a page that does a fine job of explaining why I believe the creation theory is illogical. I'll do that now.

The Short Proof of Evolution

Now granted, this page does little to explain HOW evolution occurs, but it does enter a nice logical process that eventually concludes evolution does exist.

I am highly in favor of Darwin's theory of evolution. The more one reads into it, and the more theoretical evidence one becomes aware of, the more likely it seems to be true.

One thing I would I would like to further point out however:

The reason evolution is taught as a fact in public education is because it supports and is supported by so many accepted theories of biology that it can be reasonably assumed to be 'fact', even if there is no irrefuetable proof to support it.

The reason that creationism is not taught, is that it has no basis scientifically. Thus, to believe creationism defies logic. But, as I made the mistake of not saying the first time, that is just my opinion.

Yet, be aware that I am not one to just blindly accept things. The theories and philosophies I have come to believe are the product of endless logical trial that I have engaged in since the time I was capable of thought. I force myself to take a scientific approach to all things. To be quite honest, I would prefer that the creation theory were true. I simply don't believe that it is, based on what I have learned. Though, were any irrefuetable evidence to presented in favor of the creation theory, I would gladly accept it as truth. biggrin.gif

3rd Apr, 2005 - 9:48pm / Post ID: #

What Will Humans Look Like In 1/2 A Million Years? UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

I agree things evolve, and so it is possible humans will too, but not into something other than human.

Humans, in my opinion, will never evolve into something other than human. Scientifically, perhaps they will. Scientists a million years from now will look back to today and say "Oh, those were the Homo somethings." But all along the way, we will regard ourselves as the same.

I'll use a child's growth to represent the human specie's evolution. Of course, individuals do not adapt to changes, but still, a human being grows dramatically from its birth to death. In his human friends' eyes, the child remains the same. Even though he changes, he is still himself. But let's say there is another creature, whose life is as short as one hour. All his life he would see the child, who maybe grows taller by a micrometer and fatter by a microgram, and he would perceive him as the same thing. Never would he think that this boy could ever change as drastically as he does, and nor will his child, who lives for as short a time as his parents, and neither would his child and so on. To all of them, it would seem like the child does not change. And in each of their lives, it is true. But throughout many generations of those poor, short lived creatures, the child has changed. By age 50, he would technically not be the same man, all his cells dying and being replaced by others. But he will still be the same one. He will have the same past, the same memory, and the same personality. However, if that same creature that lives for only one hour travelled 50 years to the future and saw the grown child, the child would have been alien to him. But to his mother or friends he would not, because the growth is gradual.

The same thing is with us. If one of us would have travelled half a million years to the future, what we may see there is not at all human, but for each generation that passes, the humans are still humans. They preserve their path, their memory, and culture.

Post Date: 31st Jul, 2009 - 11:22pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Years Million Like Humans What

Name: Jacob

Comments: OK, that one chick who was talking about evolution is impossible and we did not evolve from pond scum is stupid... Proof of evolution is in our skin, people are different colors because our pigments had to evolve to the amount of sunlight we were exposed to. There are still apes because of the same reason(not sunlight but other factors), The Galapagos islands are a good example of evolution, every island has a different species of iguanas, birds, bugs etc

Source 1: Common Sense
Source 2: Not FarSeer

Post Date: 26th Sep, 2009 - 5:37pm / Post ID: #

Years Million Like Humans What

Name: Eric

Comments: The world is very unpredictable, we could have gills, wings, telepathic powers, we might even be able to eat with our ears! lots of things could/will change in even just 1000 years personally though I think in 100 years earth won't be round anymore, it will have a huge dent in it where Russia blew up from making so many bombs and then accidentally lit the fuse. the USA will be split and quartered New York gone and we, the humans, will have a completely new planet, theoretically but not physically. When humans explode and the world restarts humans will be in museums and dinosaurs thought to be a legend humans will be studied and thought to be stupid cavemen and it may even be flies or snakes in charge by then think of flies driving cars eating in restaurants and snakes in planes snakes playing baseball.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Before submitting your comments please use good grammar, check your spelling and remember that names of places and people begin with an uppercase letter.

Post Date: 2nd Oct, 2009 - 2:47pm / Post ID: #

What Will Humans Look Like In 1/2 A Million Years?

Name: Burton

Comments: We have a great idea as to how well look in half million years...do you... Or do you NOT believe evolution is in progress? Look at the past progress...we're getting taller...we're having more babies... And most of the world is indigent... As in all species... Only the strongest survive. Unless certain laws are enacted... The atmosphere will change... The seas will be cesspools... I personally think we won't look much different... There will just be less of us.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 12th Mar, 2010 - 7:42pm / Post ID: #

What Humans Like 1/2 Million Years - Page 2

Name: Scoller

Comments: I don't believe I god but in science. They say the world will end in 2012 and maybe it will and maybe it wont who knows. But I know that our genetics are being more focused on by other scientists. Maybe they will find the solution to this question and let us know if we will evolutionism into some sort of in between of humans and alien like creatures. Maybe we have to accept that we will never have an answer to this question, but will find the answer to it.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Before submitting your comments please use good grammar - no net talk or slang, check your spelling and remember that names of places and people begin with an uppercase letter.

Post Date: 13th Mar, 2010 - 1:37am / Post ID: #

What Will Humans Look Like In 1/2 A Million Years?
A Friend

What Humans Like 1/2 Million Years Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 2

Here is a thought. Who says that the aliens that people see now and then are not humans form our future looking back into their past to see how we really lived. Think about it. If you were a scientist that had a limited time machine that allowed you to go into you past to study your own development would you not want to go? We are learning a lot about this earth by studying its past. I think future humans are doing the same and we just do not realize it yet.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: What Will Humans Look Like In 1/2 A Million Years?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,