Are You A Pushy Parent?

Are Pushy Parent - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 29th Mar, 2005 - 5:39pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

You may be making your child sick!
Post Date: 29th Mar, 2005 - 12:15pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Are You A Pushy Parent?

Pushy Parents May Be Harmful for Kids' Health

LONDON (Reuters) - Pushy parents could be doing more harm than good to their children's health, researchers said in a study released on Tuesday. Well-meaning parents insisting on batteries of tests for their children, even though their ailment has no apparent physical cause, may not be acting in their best interest.
Ref. https://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/story.jsp...05pushy_parents

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 29th Mar, 2005 - 12:52pm / Post ID: #

Are You A Pushy Parent?
A Friend

Parent Pushy You Are

This is very true. I ended up being pushy with potty training with my youngest son. The harder I pushed, the less potty trained he got and started having upset stomachs at bed time. When I just let him be, he started learning and his stomach stopped hurting.

29th Mar, 2005 - 5:39pm / Post ID: #

Are You A Pushy Parent? Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Is the article talking about the pushy parents causing the abdominal pain to begin with or that the pushy parents wanted to have too many physical tests done when they brought their child in with abdominal pains? I admit that sometimes I can be pushy with my kids, in terms of teaching them something or helping them learn something eg how to ride a bike. If the article is trying to say that pushing your kids above their limits may cause psychological problems which can lead to physical pain, then yes, I agree with that statement. If on the other hand, it is trying to show that parents can sometimes over-analyze physical pain to only have a physical cause, and don't believe that there can be a psychological root, then I also agree with that. To me, it just isn't clear which statement is trying to be conveyed to the reader.

> TOPIC: Are You A Pushy Parent?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,