Exits In Your Home Or Work

Exits Home Work - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 29th Mar, 2005 - 11:34pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

?
Poll: I know where all the fire escapes are in my home / work / school AND we have run a drill...
  True       33.33%
  False       66.67%
Total Votes: 3
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Have you run a drill?
Post Date: 29th Mar, 2005 - 12:00am / Post ID: #

It is very important to know where the escapes are in your home or office, but do you know them, once more - have you ever run a test drill with your fellow employees or family? Some people do not think it will ever happen to them until it is too late. If you have not done this - when will you start? Report back here with any discoveries you made after first making a trial run and then an organized execution.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 29th Mar, 2005 - 12:50pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Work Home Your Exits

My kids are young so it is very hard. But we do firedrills that start with the fire alarms go off. I try to teach them to close the door and stuff their blankets under them to keep smoke out. But they often end up being upset that the noise is so loud and come out crying which is not what I want them to do. We will continue to work with them as they get older. Unfortunately, we only have one place to go in fire if its downstairs, thats out the window.

29th Mar, 2005 - 11:07pm / Post ID: #

Exits In Your Home Or Work History & Civil Business Politics

I try to teach them to close the door and stuff their blankets under them to keep smoke out.

Do you teach them to try to leave if the smoke and fire isn't great? Hopefully, smoke detectors go off before the fire is fully engulfed. Then the safest thing to do is get out of the house. I have never had a fire drill with my grandson. When my son was younger, the nose bothered him so much, he would just cover his ears, freeze wherever he was, and scream. The only chance he had if we ever experienced a fire was if the warning was early enough that I could get to him and get him out safely.

Reconcile Edited: funbikerchick on 29th Mar, 2005 - 11:08pm

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

29th Mar, 2005 - 11:34pm / Post ID: #

Work Home Your Exits

We have regular fire drills at work, so I am definitely prepared there. I haven't done one at home yet, but my wife and daughter know that we would meet in the backyard since that is the most direct way out of the house. I am most scared about my younger son, because one of us would need to assist him out of the house, so we would definitely get to him first, and hope that our daughter has found her way out. In any case, it is good to sit down and formulate something with the rest of the family so we are all on the same page.

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

> TOPIC: Exits In Your Home Or Work

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,