Become Another Race

Become Race - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 9th Dec, 2005 - 8:37am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 29th Mar, 2005 - 11:53pm / Post ID: #

Become Another Race

If there was a special pill or potion that could turn you into another race such as from White to Black and vice versa - do you think there would be long lines of people wanting to take it? What do you think will be the motive for someone to take such a pill for something other than to hide identity because of criminal acts / spy, etc.?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 30th Mar, 2005 - 12:41pm / Post ID: #

Become Another Race
A Friend

Race Become

To many people, the grass is always greener on the other side. Most people that would take the pill would do it because they are convinced that life is better as another race. I personally wouldn't change my race. I'm not sure that allot of people would be lined up to change their race either. I think people that are from poorer cultures that feel that they are poor because of their race would change. But allot of black americans are proud to be black, and lets face it, white america gets a better shake of the deal. If I could do a temporary change, that would be really neat. It would be most enlightening to live a day in anothers shoes.

30th Mar, 2005 - 2:22pm / Post ID: #

Become Another Race Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

This is not something I've ever really considered, being another race. As Konquererz pointed out, perhaps those who feel their lives would improve because of the change might be lining up for it, but I believe most people feel comfortable in their own skin and would not want to change. A temporary change, however, would be very enlightening, I think.

30th Mar, 2005 - 3:00pm / Post ID: #

Race Become

I definately wouldn't want to change my race. In this world today, I think it is easier in life if you are caucasion. So, no, I don't think I would want to change that. Now, as others have said, I am not sure if I were black that I would change my race either because it would be so much a part of who I was and by wanting to change that wouldn't I be showing some lack of respect for the race I was?

30th Mar, 2005 - 3:29pm / Post ID: #

Race Become

I love my race and I am very proud of it! tongue.gif so no, I would not want to change it!. But as other people mentioned before, it it was just temporaly (like for a couple of days) I would like to change it and experienced to see how it would be to be black, asian, white and so on. I think it would be exciting and could teach us a lot of things about other's people races.

Yes, I think a lot of people would be lining up to change their races, specially dark races towards light-skinned ones. This is just my perception based on my interaction with these group of people.

Post Date: 15th Nov, 2005 - 7:05pm / Post ID: #

Become Another Race
A Friend

Become Another Race

There are several arguments... but I think I'd like to be caucasian.
I means... Americans think Asians are cute and everything, but they do not take us seriously and always expect us be mathematical genius... I am very intelligent but not in maths!
But also in asia, if you speak the language and look like them, it is lucky because you get discount on all products and no one will take you in! Hee hee!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 8th Dec, 2005 - 6:17pm / Post ID: #

Become Another Race
A Friend

Become Race

I'm half black, and half white. I would certainly be tempted to change my race, just so I can escape the ambiguity. It's specifically annoying because people seem to want me to choose a race, and I can't. Even though it's 50% to 50%, I find myself placed in the "black" category. Yet most black people don't regard me as such, and the few racist remarks have been "Oreo" and "Why do you act White?" from black kids at my school.

However, since I am a college student and in my school's College of Engineering and Science, I know that being a black female helps me get an upper edge in the scholarship and career department. But because I am black and a girl, people speculate that those factors are the only reason I get such scholarships. Even though I am currently making all A's my first semester of college, and managed to get a 96 and a 100 on the past two chem exams where nearly everyone else failed, I have been told by my friend that "it's not fair" I get scholarships because of my race. I am tired of arguing to him, and other people, that my race meant nothing when it came to scholarships if I didn't have the grades.

Although I like my skin color the way it is, I could not say whether I would take the pill or not. If it meant that people would see my accomplishments as a result of my own merit, rather than getting extra help because of my race, I would definitely be tempted to take that pill.

9th Dec, 2005 - 8:37am / Post ID: #

Become Race Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

I personally am happy the way I am, as, I gather most of you are. But the question doesn't refer to us, as most intelligent people do accept who they are. What about all the masses, those who think white people get the best of everything and minorities get leftovers, would definitely want a change. And what about teenagers, they are never happy with anything. But I do believe that almost everybody would line up for a change so long as there is a way to change back. Except, of course, for ignorant bigoted rednecks

Reconcile Edited: Tastanagee on 9th Dec, 2005 - 8:42am

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Become Another Race

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,