Pope Benedict XVI - Page 5 of 7

Pope Benedict Joins Twitter; Greeted by Profane, - Page 5 - Studies of Catholicism - Posted: 10th Dec, 2012 - 10:39am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
The Next Pope... Pope Benedict XVI - his rise to power in the Catholic Church - discuss it here.
Post Date: 17th Jul, 2009 - 6:39pm / Post ID: #

Pope Benedict XVI
A Friend

Pope Benedict XVI - Page 5

I do not believe the disciples were given that power but they help weed out some of those who came to see Jesus so that only those they felt that needed to see him did. All the miracles I heard about were brought about by Jesus himself and not one of the 12.

Sponsored Links:
10th Sep, 2009 - 12:02am / Post ID: #

XVI Benedict Pope

QUOTE (KNtoran @ 17-Jul 09, 6:39 PM)
All the miracles I heard about were brought about by Jesus himself and not one of the 12.

Hello Kntoran. Have you read the New Testament? There are several records of the Apostles miracles there after Jesus died. I invite you to read them.

Post Date: 14th Mar, 2010 - 11:46am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Pope Benedict XVI Catholicism Studies

Vatican defends Pope in abuse row

The Vatican denounces efforts to involve the Pope in a child abuse scandal dating back to his time as archbishop in Germany. Ref. Source 4

Post Date: 2nd Apr, 2010 - 5:10pm / Post ID: #

Page 5 XVI Benedict Pope

The Demons of Pope Benedict XVI:

The next wave of revelations could begin just outside the gates of the Vatican. Even in Italy, where the majority of youth work is in the hands of the church, the code of silence is beginning to crumble. Ref. Source 2

Post Date: 3rd Apr, 2010 - 9:12pm / Post ID: #

XVI Benedict Pope

Put the pope in the dock:

Legal immunity cannot hold. The Vatican should feel the full weight of international law Ref. Source 5

5th Mar, 2012 - 2:30am / Post ID: #

Pope Benedict XVI

So many to say and not enough time and space to say it. To put it very simply, priests have to male because when a person becomes a priest, he is 'married' to the 'Mother' church. It is also the same reason why he cannot get married. I f you don't want to accept that explanation then how about this. Priest are suppose to reflect the life of Jesus and we all know that Jesus never married. Also if a priest is allowed to marry, where do you think his priorities will be? Obviously his family, then the church. Do you want your local priest to have his focus elsewhere? How can he really serve God that way? Remember also Jesus himself also said that a servant cannot have two masters. A married priest will be serving two masters wont he? There are many more reasons on why a priest cannot marry but let me state however that there is no Canon Law that prevents it. In other words the Pope could declare tomorrow that the priest can marry but it is highly unlikely this will ever happen. For many reasons like those mentioned before and many more.
On the issue of female priests, I can safely say that will not happen because that one has been passed down and it is Law in the sense that even the last Pope declared that the church does not have the power to ordain women. Again about the reflecting the life of Jesus we know that he chose male apostles and this was in the time where there were priestess and there certainly many women around who were deserving of such a title. Can you say Mary his mother and Mary Magdalene?
There are many things to say but I will end by declaring to those who say that the church is not perfect, I say it is. The people of the church are not perfect, the church itself is perfect and will stand for all time, so we have been promised by Christ himself. Do you believe?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 28th Mar, 2012 - 7:04pm / Post ID: #

Pope Benedict XVI - Page 5

Pope Benedict XVI has met with Cuba's former leader, Fidel Castro, Vatican officials said Wednesday.

The pope also met with Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez.

The pontiff celebrated Mass in Havana's Revolution Plaza on Wednesday, steering clear of political statements but saying that "Cuba and the world need change."

Earlier in his trip, the pontiff prayed for "those deprived of freedom" and told reporters that Cuba's Marxist political system "no longer corresponds to reality."

On Tuesday evening, the pope met with Cuban President Raul Castro, both privately and publicly. Raul Castro took over the reins when older brother Fidel stepped down six years ago. Ref. CNN

Post Date: 10th Dec, 2012 - 10:39am / Post ID: #

Pope Benedict XVI Studies Catholicism - Page 5

Pope Benedict Joins Twitter; Greeted by Profane, Hateful Tweets

Pope Benedict joined Twitter today and was greeted by hateful tweets from Catholic bashers laced with profanity. Pope Benedict XVI 's new Twitter account has been revealed, @Pontifex, and it already has more than 100,000 followers and is expected to be eventually followed by millions. The Vatican revealed the new personal Twitter account for Pope Benedict XVI, and said the leader of the Catholic Church would answer one question about his faith every week - with the first coming next Wednesday. Users of Twitter can send questions using the hashtag #askpontifex or #B16 and church officials said the first tweets from the account would come this week. Ref. Source 8

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

> TOPIC: Pope Benedict XVI

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,