Doctors Can Refuse To Treat You

Doctors Refuse Treat You - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 2nd Apr, 2005 - 7:18pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

For religious, moral or ethical reasons
1st Apr, 2005 - 12:16am / Post ID: #

Doctors Can Refuse To Treat You

This is not news per se, but I did hear that it is enforced and I wonder how we feel about this based on 'moral' grounds? Wouldn't this also lead to others implications?

LANSING, Mich. - The state House has voted to protect health-care workers and insurers from being fired or sued for refusing to perform a procedure, fill a prescription or cover treatment for something they object to for moral, ethical or religious reasons.

The measures would apply to doctors or nurses who decline to perform or assist with abortions and to pharmacists who refuse to fill prescriptions for morning-after pills.
Ref. https://www.firstamendmentcenter.org/news.aspx?id=13224

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
1st Apr, 2005 - 1:03am / Post ID: #

You Treat Refuse Doctors

I see nothing wrong with this. It doesn't allow emergency treatment to be denied. So, if it isn't an emergency and a particular doctor refuses to do it, you can always find another doctor. I don't believe anyone should be forced to do something that goes against their religious beliefs. That is supposed to be a protected right in the US.

However, I don't see how they can justify an exemption for birth control pills. If this is about not violating a health care provider's moral or religious beliefs, I don't see how you make such an exception. As far as I am concerned, these pills aren't emergency either so if one pharmacy won't sell them, another certainly will.

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

1st Apr, 2005 - 2:19am / Post ID: #

Doctors Can Refuse To Treat You History & Civil Business Politics

So, if it isn't an emergency and a particular doctor refuses to do it, you can always find another doctor

What about if it is an emergency? What about if some reason there are not doctors available and this doctor decides that because of his religious beliefs he cannot do a blood transfusion to someone that just got into an accident and need immediate attention?.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

2nd Apr, 2005 - 2:01pm / Post ID: #

You Treat Refuse Doctors

This does NOT affect emergency procedures. It specifically addresses non-emergency work, such as prescriptions for contraceptives, which is a very sensitive subject for many people, including committed catholics.

Here is some more news on this very subject.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A...anguage=printer
In this case, the governor of Illinois has ordered that all pharmacies MUST fill all prescriptions.

I think that this is very wrong.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

2nd Apr, 2005 - 7:18pm / Post ID: #

You Treat Refuse Doctors

As Nighthawk pointed out and as the article says, this only is allowed for non-emergency procedures. All emergency medical procedures must be performed. This is why I see no problem with the law. In an emergency, everyone will get the necessary care they need. In non-emergency situations, everyone has the opportunity to find a doctor who is willing to perform any non-emergency procedure you wish to have performed.

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

> TOPIC: Doctors Can Refuse To Treat You

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,