Mitt Romney

Mitt Romney - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 10th Feb, 2007 - 7:53pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (32) »
Mitt Romney Quotes
USA Republican - Former Governor and contender for President of the USA
Post Date: 3rd Apr, 2005 - 12:29pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Mitt Romney

ROMNEY'S FAITH COULD HURT AN '08 RUN

Millions of Americans think John F. Kennedy put to rest the issue of religion in presidential politics when, in 1960, he became the first Roman Catholic to win the White House.
Ref. Deseretnews.com

Sponsored Links:
17th Oct, 2006 - 8:49pm / Post ID: #

Romney Mitt

I just saw him on CNN, he is very charismatic and straightforward about his position on things, he will reach far, but I am not sure that it will be so far as to make him President of the United States.

NOTE: This thread was in the LDS News section, but due to the impact of it among others, I am moving it to the Politics and Activism Board.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3208 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

17th Oct, 2006 - 9:01pm / Post ID: #

Mitt Romney History & Civil Business Politics

The Republicans will want to win and they know most Americans will NOT vote a Mormon President so I do not think he will make it. Somewhere I read that his "problem" is not only that he is a Mormon but a family man who never got in trouble before. How that can be a "problem"? rolleyes.gif

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

9th Dec, 2006 - 6:41am / Post ID: #

Romney Mitt

https://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15936002/

There is a mini-poll here asking if you would vote for a Mormon for president. Also on the same page is a video interview discussing Mitt Romney and his potential for nomination. I think they said he's something like 12th on the list of contenders, so it isn't likely he would win the nomination process. But he certainly is getting his name in the news and this in itself advances the idea that a Mormon *could* be president.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

9th Dec, 2006 - 2:13pm / Post ID: #

Romney Mitt

I just checked the poll so far from 158224 responses:

94% YES
4.3 NO
1.7 NOT SURE

Those are interesting numbers considering the other candidates say that Romney could not win because he is a Mormon. These numbers say otherwise.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 13th Dec, 2006 - 10:03am / Post ID: #

Mitt Romney

Romney's record on gay rights questioned

Conservatives concerned about inconsistencies in Republican Mitt Romney's record on gay marriage and abortion said Tuesday the Massachusetts governor has some explaining to do.

For now, at least, the potential presidential candidate isn't talking.

The governor's office issued a brief statement last weekend amid reports of a 1994 letter in which Romney, then a Senate candidate, pledged to be a more effective champion for gay causes than his opponent, Sen. Edward M. Kennedy (news, bio, voting record), D-Mass.
Ref. https://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061213/ap_on_...y_social_issues

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 7th Feb, 2007 - 11:37pm / Post ID: #

Mitt Romney

Mitt Romney to Announce Prez Bid Next Week, Abortion Still an Issue

Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney is slated to announce next week that he is officially a candidate for the Republican nomination for president. The news comes as some pro-life advocates still doubt his recent conversion to the pro-life perspective. According to campaign aides, Romney will announce his candidacy next Tuesday in Michigan, where the GOP candidate's father was a governor and businessman. Romney is then scheduled to begin an announcement tour that will take him to Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina, the first primary states, and then culminate in a rally in Boston. The former governor created an exploratory committee last month and promptly raised $6.5 million in a large fund-raising call-a-thon days later. Pro-life advocates have had mixed feelings about whether Romney can truly be called pro-life. He campaigned as a candidate backing legalized abortion in previous runs for office, including his last bid for governor. Yet, in 2005, he changed his mind after confronting the issue of embryonic stem cell research and realizing how Roe v. Wade diminished the public's view of the dignity and worth of human life. Romney now believes Roe v. Wade should be overturned so states can again prohibit abortions.
Ref. https://www.lifenews.com/nat2916.html

Post Date: 10th Feb, 2007 - 7:53pm / Post ID: #

Mitt Romney
A Friend

Mitt Romney Politics Business Civil & History

Are we going for a record here? I've looked up Romney's stances on issues, apparently Christians think they can gain popularity by suddenly sticking hooks in babies. What Christians won't do to appease the status quo. "Lookit me world! I'm hip! I'm with it! Foshizzle!" Pathetic.

Rather off topic, but...
If you notice I have Christian (securalist), I didn't know how else to describe the fact that I'm a Satanist. Seeing as there wasn't that option.

And it's a very sad day when a Satanist has more concern for Christian values then the Christians.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please use the Offtopic Tags so that the Thread maintains the same subject matter and does not develop into another Topic.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (32) »

> TOPIC: Mitt Romney

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,