The Power Of Friendship

The Power Friendship - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 5th Apr, 2005 - 12:03am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 4th Apr, 2005 - 7:52pm / Post ID: #

The Power Of Friendship
A Friend

The Power Of Friendship

My dear friends

I am posting a followup message to tell you of a wonderfull event and how god blesses us through service to others.

This posting is a series of emails that I wrote trying to help my young Tongan friend gain his education.

The emails run from the bottom to the top in order. I am excited to report that elder Latu is in school and has a full scholarship. Faith and friendship can and do cross oceans and move mountains.

L

Subject: Re: Please Advise on how to help

Dear Brother N,
What an exciting day! The information you sent was forwarded to Brother K who contacted someone here in the business office from that village, and a few minutes ago Brother K brought M into our office. He is a fine young man. So whatever comes of this, you have blessed the life of this young man by getting the ball rolling when he was feeling stuck.

Elder and Sister E

Dear Brother and Sister E

I am so excited can I give you his information...... You Betchca! Our Elder L is on Tongatupu Island, I talk to him still that is when mom and my wife get me a calling card. His Mom is getting ready to go to New Zealand for surgery. I don't know the details I plan to call him this week. We love this young man and his family very much he has four siblings and his mother is getting another son ready for a mission. His father died in 1996.. What a family....

Thanks for help

If your in Texas you have a place to stay... In Fort Stockton.

Dear Brother N,
Thank you for sending this. We are forwarding your letter and this address on to our Acting Country Director. Would you by any chance know which island group inTonga Elder L lived on? Did he ever mention a village name? Did he leave any contact information with you, as in a mailing address? Any help you can give us in finding him would be helplful, but don't worry if you can't. We'll do our best here to find him.
Sister E

Sister E

I am in the process of passing this on, but I cannot find your email address to pass on with it. Can it please so that the people who might know more will be able to contact you. Sister E mailto:xxxxx@xxxxx.xx
----- Original Message -----
help

My name is Brother L N,

I live in West Texas we had a young Missionary named M L. He recently returned to Tonga after completing a fantastic mission. I can say that with out bias as my beloved wife and I experienced his kindness first hand.

I have spoken with his mother and I found out that he needs to complete his high school education. I am willing to assist this young man as I love him like a son. He blessed my life, In December, shortly before Elder L went home I feel ill with bad leg infection I almost lost my leg and my life this young man gave me a blessing and through his faith I am here and whole today. During my time in the hospital he road his bike every day to visit me many of those days were freezing that dedication and love touched my life and now that I am rededicated to my faith and my God it is time to strengthen my brother. I understand it is the island way to give a gift for a gift my gift I wish to give M is education. I feel in that way I not only bless him but his family as well. I am prepared to sponsor him if it means I have to mortgage my house.

I understand he is working at the high school part time. Is there a way for him to complete his studies. I would love to open that door for him if I could. If the Lord wills it he will provide a way. I will stand as his vehicle if I have to and I will consider it a great blessing.

Love Brother L N

Could you let me know if you have any programs to help him complete his high school education?

Message Edited!
Removed personal names from the message, moved to LDS boards.

Reconcile Edited: Nighthawk on 4th Apr, 2005 - 9:41pm

Sponsored Links:
4th Apr, 2005 - 10:33pm / Post ID: #

Friendship Power The

This is a great story! How long did it take to sort this out? Is your friend enrolled now in a high school program?

Post Date: 4th Apr, 2005 - 11:28pm / Post ID: #

The Power Of Friendship
A Friend

The Power Of Friendship Studies Doctrine Mormon

Thank you for your help. Yes my young friend started school last week in tonga with a full scholarship. I talk to his family about twice a month on the phone their
a wonderfull family. His mother is very sweet his father passed away in 1996 they are getting a younger brother ready for a mission. What a family! It took me about three months to get him in to school. I learned another great lesson I had used all my conection's and failed. I said a prayer and turned it over to the Lord. I was directed to a Tongan Tech sight I opened the sight and found a listing of e-mail addresses with an active address to Liahona high school in Tonga. I had been trying to contact them but all the e-mail addresses I had were bad. This one was good and it was the one I and my young friend needed. Miracles happen every day
I am changed man now my district president even mentioned my countenance has changed.
I'm in the process of losing wieght I've lost over 70 pounds and 10 inches of my waiste when I reach my goal I am going to visit my young friend in Tonga and give him a Texas size bear hug.

Bro Norton

4th Apr, 2005 - 11:46pm / Post ID: #

Friendship Power The

Very inspirational story. I have met a Tongan missionary in the past too but he lived in Colorado, he was a great young man too.

How far you plan to sponsor his education? Just high-school or further? What does he thinks about your helping him out?

Post Date: 4th Apr, 2005 - 11:58pm / Post ID: #

The Power Of Friendship
A Friend

Friendship Power The

I plan to help my young friend all the way. Even through Univeristy if I have to mortgage my house to do so. We are very close I love him like a son and he feels
the same towards my family.

Reconcile Edited: Texasman on 5th Apr, 2005 - 12:00am

5th Apr, 2005 - 12:03am / Post ID: #

The Power Of Friendship

That's wonderful!. I wish you all the best on this journey, you will surely be blessed for your kindness. Keep us update on this thread about your progress with your friend. Thanks.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: The Power Of Friendship

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,