175th Annual General Conference

175th Annual General Conference - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 3rd Apr, 2005 - 10:42pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 29th Mar, 2005 - 11:29pm / Post ID: #

Are you expecting or looking forward to hearing anything in particular at this 175th Annual General Conference? Beforehand you may state what you hope to hear - after the fact you place which part of it you liked the most.

SALT LAKE CITY, Utah - The 175th Annual General Conference of the
Church will convene in the Conference Center in Salt Lake City on Saturday
and Sunday, April 2-3, 2005. The First Presidency invites all members
of the Church to participate by attending, viewing, or listening via
television, radio, satellite, or Internet transmission at https://www.lds.org/broadcast/gc/0,5161,5177,00.html. Messages of
inspiration and guidance will be delivered by the First Presidency, members
of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, and other General Authorities and
general officers of the Church.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 30th Mar, 2005 - 9:55pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Conference General Annual th

I understand there may be a big announcement at conference. At least there are rumors of one.

Reconcile Edited: gaucho on 30th Mar, 2005 - 9:56pm

30th Mar, 2005 - 10:44pm / Post ID: #

175th Annual General Conference Studies Doctrine Mormon

Gaucho, any idea of what this big announcement could possible be?. I heard they may call a GA from Africa and once again have a black member as a General Authority, but again it is just a rumor.

30th Mar, 2005 - 11:12pm / Post ID: #

I think there are rumors EVERY conference that there will be some big announcement. What would we do without faith-promoting rumors to get us all interested in watching on Saturday?

rolleyes.gif

1st Apr, 2005 - 2:58am / Post ID: #

I'm simply looking forward to watching and listening to intelligent, spiritual men and women discuss the principles of eternity. I don't have much other opportunity for that.

Post Date: 3rd Apr, 2005 - 12:26pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

PRESIDENT HINCKLEY PRAISES PONTIFF

President Gordon B. Hinckley of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints remembered Pope John Paul II during both general sessions of the faith's 175th Annual General Conference on Saturday.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...23393%2C00.html

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
3rd Apr, 2005 - 10:36pm / Post ID: #

While I felt inspired and edified by all the speakers, I was particularly touched this morning listening to Elder Eyring describe his search for a family member, and I feel a renewed urging to work on our family's genealogy.

Also, Elder Nelson's depiction of his wife who recently passed away was very moving.

The strength and depth of the love these leaders have for the members of the church was made very evident to me this session.

3rd Apr, 2005 - 10:42pm / Post ID: #

175th Annual General Conference Mormon Doctrine Studies

Elder Eyering is one of my favorite speakers. I, too, feel motivated to get back to work on my genealogy.

This is the first time I have taken notes during conference. I got much more out of the talks this way. There was lots of great guidance given during this conference!

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: 175th Annual General Conference

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,