Jihad

Jihad - Studies of Islam - Posted: 13th Jan, 2006 - 12:06am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Jihad Quotes
Post Date: 4th Apr, 2005 - 11:37pm / Post ID: #

Jihad

Jihad

When is a Jihad necessary or is it an excuse of many Islamists to gain mental control over Muslims worldwide to follow the cause of the radical?

Sponsored Links:
5th Apr, 2005 - 12:54pm / Post ID: #

Jihad

From what I have read, the Jihad was intended to protect those of Islamic faith against those who would choose to oppress them or disallow them from practising their faith. Instead, it has been used by extremists Islamists as an excuse for waging war on non-Muslim people who may be in an Islamic country but do not openly pose a threat to the religion of Islam or to those who practise it. Now, this may be one of many definitions, but that is my limited interpretation of it. In any case, a jihad does result in a war, be it a holy war, so violence and aggression is involved. There certainly have been cases over the years where a jihad has been warranted, but my belief is that is has been used and abused by those who seek justification for their own causes. This is all my humble opinion and open to much debate. Thanks!

6th Apr, 2005 - 10:18am / Post ID: #

Jihad Islam Studies

I think a Jihad may be justified in a situation where you are being prevented from practicing your religion. However, that doesn't make it o.k. to kill someone else who chooses not to practice your religion. It doesn't make it o.k. to target any non-Muslim as an infidel and kill them. If there are countries where the government is prohibiting Muslims from practicing their faith amoung themselves, then a Jihad would be justified against that government, in my opinion. However, that doesn't mean, it is o.k. to force to government to change laws are enforce laws that are strictly Muslim on non Muslim people within that country.

Post Date: 11th Jan, 2006 - 12:10pm / Post ID: #

Jihad
A Friend

Jihad

Jihad: Has many meanings for a muslim. Its hard for non-muslims to understand it because they never learned it in schools or read about it.

I'm a student in Romania. Me being here and trying to get education is called Jihad.

Trying to do the right thing always is called Jihad....etc

Dose Jihad mean's holly war:
Yes and this is the most common meaning for Jihad.

But what dose holly war means:
Any threat against islamic countries should be fought. The US attacked Afghanistan and iraq (who know's who's next). Islam call for Jihad which means assemble an army and fight the US forces. All muslims should join the army.

Is Jihad active now:
Yes, you can see the resistance in both countries and we call it Jihad while you call it terrorist attacks.

So Jihad is ON and you should fight the US forces, why don't we see a big islamic army !?
Complicated question that would take a very long post to answer. There are many reasons for not seeing an islamic army assembled but one might be assembled if the US keep its crusade. Things are getting out of hand in islamic countries and people simply can't take it anymore...I see revolutions on the way.....

Message Edited!
Persephone: please use the spell checker to help you with unfamiliar words. Please use uppercase letters to start words as needed.

12th Jan, 2006 - 1:42am / Post ID: #

Jihad

QUOTE (senaia @ 11-Jan 06, 7:05 AM)
But what dose holly war means:
Any threat against islamic countries should be fought. The US attacked Afghanistan and iraq (who know's who's next). Islam call for Jihad which means assemble an army and fight the US forces. All muslims should join the army.

Was it Jihad when the US was attacked on 9/11? That attack came before the US attacked Afganistan or Iraq. So, I can understand how you might call the current action a Jihad, but what about acts previous to that attack? How are they Jihad?

I ask sincerely because I have heard them referred to in the past as Jihad and I don't understand based upon your explanation how they can be.

Post Date: 12th Jan, 2006 - 3:15pm / Post ID: #

Jihad
A Friend

Jihad

I'm not a holy man or an expert in islam but I know my religon good enough to answer these question. The answers I gave you are fact and not what I think or feel or believe.

*Jihad is what I told you.

*Are the attacks on 11/9 considered Jihad ?
No.

*Why do we hear many say its Jihad ?
People who did it, say so because they are targetting muslims that did not study islam well in schools and most of these muslims come from the westren world. They convince them its considered Jihad and its holy war in order to recuite them. Its a mind game.

*Islam never ever allow the killing of the civiliens in the name of Jihad or anything else.

*Islam never ever allow the killing of the Prisoners Of War. Like what the resistence is doing in Iraq once they capture US soldiers.

So why the resistence is killing any prisoners they capture ?
They say its in the name of islam but islam dose not allow it ! They do it because of hate....fear....many reasons. THEY THINK islam allows it.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
12th Jan, 2006 - 8:20pm / Post ID: #

Jihad

People who did it, say so because they are targetting muslims that did not study islam well in schools and most of these muslims come from the westren world. They convince them its considered Jihad and its holy war in order to recuite them. Its a mind game.

Then the Muslims acknowledge that there are two groups: one trying to live by the right precepts of the Quran and others who are just playing mind games and trying to get people to join them by making them believe that that's whaty Allah wants them to do (kill innocent people and so on). It's very interesting that you mentioned that because the few opportunities I have in talking with Muslims even though they acknowledged this difference, they pretty much defended the other group by justifying some of their actions which I cannot understand or accept.

13th Jan, 2006 - 12:06am / Post ID: #

Jihad Studies Islam

QUOTE (senaia @ 12-Jan 06, 11:10 AM)
*Islam never ever allow the killing of the civiliens in the name of Jihad or anything else.

Does that include Jewish innocents, children, and noncombatants?

The group, Islamic Jihad, is responsible for the murder of thousands of innocent people throughout the world. Why do some Muslim groups (Wahhabi sect, Al-Jazeera) support and praise groups such as Islamic Jihad and Hamas?

If these groups are NOT representative of Islam, in general, what is the Muslim world doing about these people? How are you (in general, not personally) taking back the concept of Jihad from the monsters?

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Jihad

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,