Fundamentalist Latter-day Saints - Page 3 of 7

Warren Jeffs now charged with rape I always - Page 3 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 7th Apr, 2006 - 3:43pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Post Date: 23rd Jan, 2006 - 12:17pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Fundamentalist Latter-day Saints - Page 3

EDITORIAL: EMANCIPATION PROCESS NEEDED

The most compelling argument for the need to establish a legal process for emancipation are the so-called `lost boys` of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
Ref. deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C3949%2C%2C00.html

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th Feb, 2006 - 12:07pm / Post ID: #

Saints Latter-day Fundamentalist

BIRTH DEFECT IS PLAGUING CHILDREN IN FLDS TOWNS

It's one of the darkest secrets of the Warren Jeffs polygamist community. An especially severe form of birth defect is on the rise and may mushroom in coming generations.

10th Feb, 2006 - 12:40am / Post ID: #

Fundamentalist Latter-day Saints Studies Doctrine Mormon

I believe we were talking about this on another thread (the birth defects) when inter-family marriage takes place. I wonder if some of that took place with the Fundamentalist? However, with that question also comes the suggestion I am sure many LDS Members will make... had they not been living in 'sin' then this would not happen.

10th Feb, 2006 - 12:58am / Post ID: #

Page 3 Saints Latter-day Fundamentalist

It seems to me that the LDS church in Utah, along with the local governments, have so marginalized and persecuted the FLDS and other fundamentalist organizations, that those groups have pulled into themselves. Yes, there is, most likely, intense inbreeding. However, that has only been occuring for about 70 years, which isn't really very long to introduce any systematic genetic defects, as far as I know. It usually takes more than two or three generations for inbreeding to create widespread genetic problems.

10th Feb, 2006 - 2:50am / Post ID: #

Saints Latter-day Fundamentalist

First of all, birth defects occur at anytime no matter who is the mate (after all, most people who are born with birth defects do not come from polygamous marriages or product of incest). I am sure the FLDS is deeply involved in inbreeding but I do not fully believe there is a high risk of birth defects within that community, if that was the case, the news should have broken long ago.

Post Date: 11th Feb, 2006 - 12:14pm / Post ID: #

Fundamentalist Latter-day Saints

EDITORIAL: POLYGAMY AND PUBLIC HEALTH

In Utah, there are `hot button` issues and `blazing button` issues. Polygamy, for years, has been a blazing button. The state's history, a conservative belief in free choice and an unwillingness to stir up a hornet's nest in the national media have likely all contributed to the kid-glove approach lawmakers and law-enforcement officers have taken when dealing with polygamous communities.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
27th Feb, 2006 - 3:45am / Post ID: #

Fundamentalist Latter-day Saints - Page 3

Well, I am updating a couple of news about the FLDS Church. They are building a beautiful Temple in Texas and it appears to be complete. It resembles a lot the Navoo Temple:

FLDS Temple

Gleaming white against the backdrop of the Texas prairie, the first-ever temple of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints appears to be nearing completion, if it isn't finished already, say observers near Eldorado, Texas.

The polygamous sect itself remains silent, as it has been since construction started.
"They're not making a lot of comments on it," Schleicher County Sheriff David Doran said. "They said, 'Yeah, the structure's completed on the exterior,' but they didn't elaborate."
On a dirt road just a few miles outside of the tiny town of Eldorado, the temple stands out amid the surrounding ranchland. It has a limestone facade. Arched windows around the building lead up to turrets, which surround the roof. Atop it all is a short-domed steeple, reminiscent of the Nauvoo, Ill., temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Above the doorway is the "all seeing eye" and an inscription that reportedly includes the phrase, "Holiness to the Lord in the House of the Lord."
"We believe it's done," Doran said. "We don't know about the interior, but the exterior looks definitely done. They've got sod down, they've got the fence out, they've got metal railing on the stairs."
News of the FLDS temple's completion has reached some in the polygamous border communities of Hildale, Washington County, and Colorado City, Ariz.
"About half the people who live here still don't even know about it," former-FLDS member Ross Chatwin said. "Warren (Jeffs) was very upset when the apostates (FLDS members who have been excommunicated) found out about it."...

https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,635180342,00.html

FLDS leader and prophet Warren Jeffs

The other news is that the prophet and leader of the FLDS Warren Jeffs still in the FBI most wanted list for sexual conduct with a minor and conspiracy to commit sexual conduct with a minor. He is accused of arranging child-bride marriages. Federal authorities charged him with unlawful flight to avoid prosecution:

https://www.fbi.gov/mostwant/fugitive/feb2006/febjeffs.htm

Reconcile Edited: LDS_forever on 27th Feb, 2006 - 3:47am

7th Apr, 2006 - 3:43pm / Post ID: #

Fundamentalist Latter-day Saints Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 3

Warren Jeffs now charged with rape

I always think that when the police really wants to catch someone, they do it...why they are taking so LONG to capture this guy? He is not Bin Laden rolleyes.gif The members of the FLDS Church said he will not accept to be taken to any "earthly" courts and he will die as a martyr if necessary...

ST. GEORGE - The legal troubles surrounding the fugitive leader of the Fundamentalist LDS Church got much worse on Thursday, as Washington County prosecutors filed a pair of first-degree felony rape as an accomplice charges against Warren Jeffs.
Authorities across the state hailed the charges filed late Wednesday in St. George's 5th District Court, which accuse Jeffs of arranging a child-bride marriage. And prosecutors expect the alleged victim to be their star witness.
"The victim in this case, Jane Doe, came to us," said Washington County Attorney Brock Belnap. "We have been working with her for the past few months. Jane Doe said she will testify at trial if and when it happens, and I believe that she will do that."
Belnap said the Washington County Sheriff's Office began investigating Jeffs, who is also wanted on sexual misconduct charges in Arizona, from January to March 2006 for arranging a "spiritual" marriage with an underage girl and an older man.
Possible charges against the man Doe married are possible, although his identity was not revealed Thursday. The FLDS Church practices polygamy, but the court documents do not explicitly state if the marriage was polygamous.
"We haven't made any decision about him at this point," Belnap added...

https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,635197772,00.html

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

> TOPIC: Fundamentalist Latter-day Saints

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,