Fundamentalist Latter-day Saints - Page 7 of 7

The FLDS has called a new President. If you - Page 7 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 7th Feb, 2010 - 5:49pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 7 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 
24th May, 2007 - 1:01pm / Post ID: #

Fundamentalist Latter-day Saints - Page 7

They chose Texas because they built a huge Temple over there:

https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,635180342,00.html

I think they want to establish Zion over there but they are doing it slowly as they know the challenges they will face, that's why they chose small towns.

Sponsored Links:
24th May, 2007 - 1:11pm / Post ID: #

Saints Latter-day Fundamentalist

That is a huge building. If Texas was so worried about them being there then they should have moved faster to try and stop the building from going up, however, you cannot really stop 'Freedom of Religion' eh? Once again the LDS Church will get more stick for whatever they do.

24th May, 2007 - 1:21pm / Post ID: #

Fundamentalist Latter-day Saints Studies Doctrine Mormon

Well you see, first of all they cannot legally stop them from erecting the building and secondly, it is in a remote area miles away from a tiny little town called El Dorado (it's not located in a big city) and the people living there are concerned about it because now that the Temple has been completed means more and more of them are going to move to Texas.

24th May, 2007 - 1:26pm / Post ID: #

Page 7 Saints Latter-day Fundamentalist

Honestly, I do not know what is the big deal about Polygamy, it is not like they are committing some heinous crime against mankind. Granted I do read of abuse cases, but the same thing happens in monogamous relationships too. Muslims do it openly and yet I hear no one complain, but I guess the Western thinking is that Christians ought not to 'behave' this way.

Post Date: 12th Jun, 2007 - 11:24pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Saints Latter-day Fundamentalist

Fundamental Mormons seek recognition for polygamy

The growing confidence of polygamists and their willingness to go public come at an awkward moment for mainstream Mormons, who are now in the spotlight as Republican Mitt Romney, a prominent Mormon, seeks the U.S. presidency.
Ref. https://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070612/ts_nm/...ons_polygamy_dc

11th Jul, 2008 - 1:42am / Post ID: #

Fundamentalist Latter-day Saints

This is something I wondered myself: Why can't the members of the FLDS Church be called Fundamentalist Mormons IF they believe they are? Who are we as Church to try to stop them or tell the Media NOT to use that term?

SALT LAKE CITY -  Polygamy-practicing fundamentalists with religious roots in early Mormon theology are rankled by the mainstream Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints' campaign to direct the way news organizations define those sects.

"We strenuously object to any efforts to deprive us and others of the freedom to name and describe ourselves by terms of our own choosing," the Principle Voices Coalition said in a statement issued Wednesday. "Fundamentalist Mormons have been referred to by that name since the 1930s, often by the church itself. We are proud of our Mormon heritage."

Fundamentalists revere the same prophets as the mainstream Mormon church, including founder Joseph Smith and Brigham Young, both of whom practiced polygamy. They also share the mainline church's use of the Book of Mormon as a primary text, along with the Doctrine & Covenants, in which plural marriage remains part of scriptural teachings.

On June 24, a Mormon church attorney sent a letter to newspaper, magazine and broadcast media outlets asking that the term "fundamentalist Mormon" be dropped from news reports.

The letter is primarily aimed at drawing a hard line between the Salt Lake City-based faith and the Utah/Arizona-based Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, which practices polygamy and has been prominent in news reports since authorities in April raided the sect's west Texas ranch and seized more than 400 children during an investigation of child abuse allegations....

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
7th Feb, 2010 - 5:49pm / Post ID: #

Fundamentalist Latter-day Saints - Page 7

The FLDS has called a new President. If you all remember, Warren Jeffs "resigned" as a President in 2007 after the rape allegations, this new person will handle all the business affairs of the Church. It is unclear whether or not, Warren Jeffs remains the Prophet which is likely that he does.

Source 2

+  « First of 7 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 

> TOPIC: Fundamentalist Latter-day Saints

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,