Chicago Bulls

Chicago Bulls - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 28th Apr, 2012 - 11:35pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Chicago Bulls Remember them? They were hot back in the day when Michael Jordan was on their team but are they nothing without Michael Jordan?
Post Date: 10th Apr, 2005 - 5:54pm / Post ID: #

Chicago Bulls

Do you feel that Michael Jordan made the Chicago Bulls or the Chicago Bulls made Michael Jordan? We could also add... did Phil Jackson make Michael or was it the help of his team?

BULLS CLINCH PLAYOFF BERTH FOR FIRST TIME SINCE 1998

The Chicago Bulls secured their first playoff berth since the Michael Jordan era, beating the Toronto Raptors 110-97 on Saturday night.
Ref. https://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/bask...s.ap/index.html

Sponsored Links:
10th Apr, 2005 - 7:38pm / Post ID: #

Bulls Chicago

It had to be a combination of both. Michael Jordan was a great player, but he needed a great coach like Phil Jackson to get the rest of the team playing good roles alongside Jordan. Phil Jackson was a great coach, but he needed the superstar like Jordan to carry the team. Jackson was also very good at using the supporting cast around Jordan to do just that; support him. This year, the Bulls are 4th in the East, and really don't have a superstar on the team. Their record isn't that great either, and that reflects poorly on the Eastern conference in general. Other than Miami and maybe Detroit, there are no other real contenders in the East.
The first year Michael Jordan joined the Bulls, Jackson was not the coach and they didn't do very well, although he would put up 50 points on any given night. It would have been interesting to see if the same coach had stayed whether the Bulls would have been as good. It would also be interesting to see what Phil Jackson could do with a team that did not have a superstar on it. I guess we'll never know the answer to either question.

3rd May, 2005 - 8:07pm / Post ID: #

Chicago Bulls Sports & Fashion Music Movies

In the terms of sports, Michael Jordan was a genius (like Maradona or Pele for soccer). But for a team sport like basketball this is not enough! You need a good coach - and Phil Jackson was a great one - and team players who can support the superstar: don't you remember Pippen or Rodman?! So I think it was a combination:
Jackson + Jordan + Team = Success

14th Apr, 2006 - 4:05am / Post ID: #

Bulls Chicago

When anyone mentions the Chicago Bulls these are the names that come to my mind: Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Bill Cartwright, Steve Kerr, Toni Kukoc, Ron Harper. The Bulls of today do not have household names like those anymore. Today the team has players like Ben Gordon, Kirk Hinrich and Luol Deng? However, Chicago is currently in 8th place in the Eastern Conference and fighting for that last playoff spot. They are only 4 games below 500 and have a fairly weak schedule ahead of them. Will the Bulls ever regain the dominance they once enjoyed?

Post Date: 16th Apr, 2006 - 4:02am / Post ID: #

Chicago Bulls
A Friend

Bulls Chicago

You forgot Bill Paxton. But I digress. Kirk Heinrich was a scourge in the side of my favorite college teams side. Didn't like him then, don't like him now. I still think he is over rated and will make a minimal impact at best in the nba. He is not the answer to the Bulls problems. The Bulls need to push at getting an impact player that can really scare other teams. Right now, no one scares any team, they don't have anyone that can draw a double team. Its going to be a long time before they can rebuild their franchise. If they got that player next year in the draft, it would still be awhile and they are not going to spend the money to buy one.

16th Apr, 2006 - 8:12pm / Post ID: #

Chicago Bulls

The Bulls clinched a playoff spot today by beating the Miami Heat 117-93. Now, as for your comments, Konq, about getting 'that' player. What about Ben Gordon? Don't you think that is a player the Bulls can build a team around?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
5th Jun, 2006 - 6:35pm / Post ID: #

Chicago Bulls

I was impressed with the Chicago Bulls this year. They almost surprised the Heat in the 1st round of the NBA playoffs. It seems they have a good, young core of players to build on, and I expect to see more of them in the playoffs in years to come.

Post Date: 28th Apr, 2012 - 11:35pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Chicago Bulls Movies Music Fashion & Sports

Chicago Bulls guard Derrick Rose out for playoff run

Chicago Bulls All-Star guard Derrick Rose tore his left ACL in his knee and is done for the year, marring the team's opening victory Saturday against the Philadelphia 76ers in Game 1 of their playoff series. Ref. USAToday

> TOPIC: Chicago Bulls

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,