Age Differences

Age Differences - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 15th Aug, 2005 - 9:04pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

3rd Aug, 2005 - 3:49am / Post ID: #

Age Differences

Let's say that a person that you thought was much older that you asked you out for a date, would you refuse on the grounds that you think it could never work, or would you try thinking that probably they look older that they really are? Do you think there should be a limit on age differences? For example is there anything wrong with a single 50 year old High Priest asking the single 23 year old Sister Return Missionary out on a date?

Sponsored Links:
3rd Aug, 2005 - 4:30am / Post ID: #

Differences Age

Any gap wider than about five or six years is a red flag for me. Not that those relationships are doomed by default, but the difference in maturity and experience may cause the couple to be unevenly yoked from the beginning.

As far as the question of somebody older asking me, I would have gone on ONE date with just about anybody before I was 'spoken for.' However, I have always been generally uncomfortable dating older women. I would never agree to date, say, a young female professor. The relationship has to start on equal terms.

15th Aug, 2005 - 9:04pm / Post ID: #

Age Differences Studies Doctrine Mormon

My first husband was 17 years my senior, and it worked out well enough -- until I started to mature. Then he sought out and found another woman, who was actually older than I, but apparently shared his "let's stay teenagers forever" mentality.

I tend to be leery of large age differences, and look for the reasoning behind a really older man or woman looking to date a really younger partner. In a few cases, I believe it can be genuine; however, for the majority, I believe they are not the best-case scenario - in particular for the younger partner who may not have the experience to fully realize what they are getting themselves into.

In my opinion, of course.
Roz

> TOPIC: Age Differences

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,