Mayans & Book Of Mormon

Mayans Book Mormon - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 3rd Mar, 2008 - 4:51am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

7th Feb, 2008 - 10:04pm / Post ID: #

Mayans & Book Of Mormon

Mayans & Book of Mormon

Seems like BYU is using modern technology to look for similarities between what the Book of Mormon speaks about in intricate economies in these cultures.

Using improved methods of chemical analysis, BYU environmental scientists have unearthed clues that may prove the existence of a marketplace economy among the ancient Maya civilizations of the Yucatan peninsula and not a tax and redistribution system, as is the widely-held belief. Ref. Subscription Required to View

Sponsored Links:
7th Feb, 2008 - 11:58pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Book and Mayans

I have always loved the Mayan culture and have thought it tied in with the Book of Mormon. I am interested to see what comes of this. I wish I knew more about them--I just have found that the mathematics they used were so advanced, it is amazing.

Rather off topic, but...
UPDATE:
I just checked the link but it requires a password for access. Is it a violation to post some of the article here to read for those of us who do not have access?

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please use the Offtopic Tags so that the Thread maintains the same subject matter and does not develop into another Topic.

8th Feb, 2008 - 12:12am / Post ID: #

Mayans & Book Of Mormon Studies Doctrine Mormon

Basically they are finding evidence using what us outsiders to this technology / science call 'CSI' stuff. They seem to be successful in proving that the Mayans did have economic trade routes and markets that were well organized.

Rather off topic, but...
spock.gif I do not post illegal material here. I am merely quoting a one sentence reference to the material I am Posting about. The site requires a paid subscription which I have. If you do not have a paid subscription then it is up to you to pay to read the page in its entirety. However, when such references require subscription I will state so beforehand.

27th Feb, 2008 - 7:48am / Post ID: #

Mormon Book and Mayans

Thanks for your reply and explanation. I think there is some connection somewhere there and will love to see what they find out.

Rather off topic, but...
I wanted to apologize for the way my post must of came across. I know you do not post anything illegal here and appreciate the level of honesty there is on this forum. I was asking if you COULD post more of it one here to read, BECAUSE I did not have a subscription. I wasn't questioning what you had already placed here. I was just wondering if it was okay to add some more of the article because it was an interesting topic. Thanks for putting the explanation of what they talked about here though. I really do appreciate all that you guys do here.

Post Date: 2nd Mar, 2008 - 4:06am / Post ID: #

Mayans & Book Of Mormon
A Friend

Mormon Book and Mayans

What is the link between the two civilizations? Ever since I watched mel Gibsons movie Apocalypto, It's got me thinking. because if the lamanites were the Mayans, or Who were the Mayans? Are they linked to the Book of Mormon?

3rd Mar, 2008 - 4:51am / Post ID: #

Mayans & Book Of Mormon

AlaskanLDS, then I misunderstood what you were asking I did not realize you were asking for more of the article. I may be able to post a bit, but certainly not all of it. Here is some more:

In past studies about the Maya of the Classic era (about A.D. 300 to 900), scientists had found large, open areas within settlements of the period, but no indications of the areas' purposes. Professor Terry's soil analysis revealed outlines of use clearly consistent with the last remaining modern open-air market built on soil in Antigua, Guatemala. [..] Results from the ancient city of Chunchucmil showed concentrations of phosphorus up to 40 times higher than in ancient patios and streets.
      Dr. Dahlin explained that he and other archaeologists had recognized that many Maya cities appeared to have held more people than the regions' agricultural capacities could have supported. For years, researchers sought evidence of sophisticated farming or irrigation techniques to explain this.

In other words, these people were a lot more sophisticated than just running around performing sacrifices and hunting for food.

Lephisto, I'm not sure what you are asking, Mayans as we know it would be descendants of the Lamanites in the Book of Mormon.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Mayans & Book Of Mormon

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,