Hymns & Struggle

Hymns Struggle - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 9th Sep, 2005 - 12:31am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

17th Apr, 2005 - 5:32pm / Post ID: #

Hymns & Struggle

It is interesting how in recorded history wherever or whenever there has been an upcoming great sacrifice - hymns were always sung. Two examples of this is at the Last Supper where the 11 and Christ sung a hymn before going to the Mount of Olives and Joseph Smith requested John Taylor to sing before he was shot. Are there times in your life where you used a particular hymn to ease your tension or worry or concern before certain known opposition would come?

Sponsored Links:
8th Sep, 2005 - 11:55pm / Post ID: #

Struggle and Hymns

For me, it's not usually one specific hymn, but the act of singing or playing to myself whichever comes to mind. The song of the righteous is a prayer, and sometimes when I feel unworthy or depressed, singing a hymn helps me to assume the attitude of prayer before I feel ready to directly address God.

9th Sep, 2005 - 12:31am / Post ID: #

Hymns & Struggle Studies Doctrine Mormon

I love to sing and when I sing hymns it brings so much peace to my life. One of my favourite hymns to sing is "Where can I turn for peace?". It really helps me to deal with my every day struggles and know that no matter what there is one person (as the hymn says) who can only understand, our Savior Jesus Christ.

> TOPIC: Hymns & Struggle

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,