Lds Church & Taxes

Lds Church Taxes - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 3rd Sep, 2005 - 2:12am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 1st Sep, 2005 - 5:26pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Lds Church & Taxes

LDS CHURCH LOBBYING ON TAXES

The LDS Church has been lobbying selected members of the state's Tax Reform Task Force, reiterating the church's stance that charitable deductions on state income taxes be retained.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...60145%2C00.html

Sponsored Links:
3rd Sep, 2005 - 12:02am / Post ID: #

Taxes and Church Lds

Citizens vote for people they think will represent them. Part of that representation is religious conviction and everything that goes with it. I see nothing immoral about these representatives voting with their consciences and with the advice of their religious leaders. I would feel the same way about the President of the USA consulting with religious leaders before declaring war or signing a bill about abortion.

3rd Sep, 2005 - 2:12am / Post ID: #

Lds Church & Taxes Studies Doctrine Mormon

I can understand church leaders' concern with income tax deductions affecting whether or not people continue to give charitably. It does seem a bit odd to me how they are going about it, though, with three church people meeting one-on-one with a legislator. I wonder why they would not want to speak to a group, all at once, and save some time and effort at getting their point across.

"I would prefer (church officials) testify in an open public meeting," Dougall said, noting that a private meeting also scheduled Wednesday at the Capitol with several House members and church leaders was canceled last week. Dougall said he was told that LDS Church lobbyists prefer to talk with legislators individually, not as a group. Evans then scheduled but then later canceled a private meeting with just Dougall.

> TOPIC: Lds Church & Taxes

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,