Invasion Of Privacy?

Invasion Privacy - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 5th May, 2006 - 1:53am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Hidden cameras
Post Date: 18th Apr, 2005 - 10:01am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Invasion Of Privacy?

SMILE, SOMEONE COULD BE WATCHING

It's there when you ride an elevator and make a purchase in a store. There's no escaping it in a museum. Look up at the stoplight and a camera may be watching you.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...27122%2C00.html

Sponsored Links:
18th Apr, 2005 - 11:04am / Post ID: #

Privacy Invasion

I don't have a problem with cameras in a lot of situations. I do object to them at traffic lights and toll booths. My reason for this is that the person charged with the crime is the owner of the car, not necessarily the person driving. Then that person must "rat" on their friend and/or hope their friend will step up and admit the offense. It isn't my job or responsibility to aid law enforcement in traffic violations. At least, in my opinion.

I think cameras in stores are good. They are necessary to protect the store from loss due to theft. They are very effective. This keeps prices down. In addition, it is the person doing the crime that gets in trouble not some innocent person who then is faced with deciding to turn in a friend or not.

Cameras in elevators are definately necessary. You are all alone and quite vulnerable in an elevator. The camera is their to protect you.

As far as our lives being on tape, these cameras are often catching the action in "real time." As was said in the video, business and police don't have time to watch these films unless a crime has been reported. Then, only a serious crime is really going to get someone to watch the camera unless you know the time the crime took place. I know this first hand. My office has had a few pieces of equipment stolen. Since we didn't know what time it happened, the film was of no use to us. No one was going to watch 24 hours of video to attempt to recover a $2,000 piece of equipment. If it had been a rape, murder or even bank robbery, then I am sure it would have been considere worth the effort.

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

Post Date: 5th May, 2006 - 1:44am / Post ID: #

Invasion Of Privacy?
A Friend

Invasion Of Privacy? History & Civil Business Politics

If you are in a privately own building, or a secure building, this is not an invasion of privacy, unless its in the bathroom. Businesses have a right to protect what is theirs. I have no problems with camera's in stores and elevators, because I have nothing to hide and its not my house. My privacy extends to my personal life, if I'm not in my house, or on my phone, then it doesn't count and they have the right to video tape me. Listening in on a phone conversation would be a bit much, they don't have that right unless they suspect you are doing something criminal, but then you would have to prove that before a judge anyway.

5th May, 2006 - 1:53am / Post ID: #

Privacy Invasion

I actually feel safer when there are cameras somewhere, because I know the chances of a crime occurring is dramatically decreased. I believe everyone who has something to protect is entitled to having security cameras installed. That even extends to homeowners, in my opinion. If you can afford it, then you have every right to install cameras on your property.

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

> TOPIC: Invasion Of Privacy?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,