Pretty People Make More Money!

Pretty People Money! - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 6th May, 2005 - 4:36pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 19th Apr, 2005 - 12:37pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Kiss that merit raise goodbye.

Good-looking, slim, tall people tend to make more money than their plain-Jane counterparts, according to a study released this month by the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, with researchers finding that beautiful people tend to earn 5 percent more an hour than their less comely colleagues.
Ref. https://money.cnn.com/2005/04/08/news/funny...money/index.htm

Sponsored Links:
19th Apr, 2005 - 1:30pm / Post ID: #

Money More People Pretty

It's not surprising, in this ridiculously biased world. But it sure is annoying to know that it's actually true.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

19th Apr, 2005 - 2:23pm / Post ID: #

Pretty People Make More Money! History & Civil Business Politics

Wow, 5% more? *shaking head*. We are in 2005 and we still thinking so primitive, I thought we moved from that mentality...I thought we were more concerned about qualifications and experience than pretty legs. Its disgusting.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

19th Apr, 2005 - 4:16pm / Post ID: #

Money More People Pretty

I am not surprised. I think we are all guilty of this to some extent. Fact is, we judge people all the time based upon appearance. After all, the majority of a first impression is based upon looks and perhaps body language. This is one of the reasons people need to dress up for job interviews. Otherwise, why bother? I could go to an interview in my street clothes and then they could just tell me of their dress policy when I am hired.

Another perfect example is the fact that people are coached by lawyers as to the best way to dress for a particular image to present to the jury in Court cases.

To me, this is the same thing. We think of severely obese people as lazy so we pay them less. I agree it isn't fair, buy overweight people have been complaining about discrimination for years. It is all the same, in my opinion.

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

Post Date: 20th Apr, 2005 - 2:53am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Money More People Pretty

Well, to be honest, the only thing I found surprising about this article was that pretty people only made 5% more. I really would have figured they would make more. If you go by the article though ugly people are penalized nearly 10%. So does this make an over all difference of near 15% between ugly and good looking people? This would be closer to what I was thinking pretty people would have over others.
I hate to admit it, but I think I am guilty of this type of discrimination my self. Not terrible, I won't penalize somebody for being ugly, but I do find myself going "that extra mile" for a good looking person that flashes me a smile. It is difficult for me to say to what extent this behavior goes, but I know that at least I have exhibited it.
-Unferth

5th May, 2005 - 9:59pm / Post ID: #

I was sure that pretty people make more money and as Unferth I thought that the 5% was bigger. I also put more "steam" if I got to do something for a pretty person, but I noticed that sometime it's not just the looks, but how nice they are to me, how nicely they ask me to do it. And finally, I think every body should admit that if a person from the opposite sex asks nicely something and on top of that, the person is cute, you sure try to do your best.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 19 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.9%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
6th May, 2005 - 2:19pm / Post ID: #

Pretty People More Money!

I thought that people who were seen as pretty on the outside would make more money and it may be true in the world. I have to agree that although it is 2005 people still seem to have their heads in the clouds or are still in outer darkness!

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 3 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.3%

6th May, 2005 - 4:36pm / Post ID: #

Pretty People More Money! Politics Business Civil & History

Now on the other side of this story, at least for women, is if you are really good looking it is assumed you have no brain. I don't know why one goes with the other, but it does. So, if you are too pretty, you may not get the best jobs. You might get paid more than someone else for the job you do get, but maybe you don't end up getting that promotion you want, for example.

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Pretty People Make More Money!

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,