Boy Scouts of America - Page 5 of 7

With girls to join, Scouts to drop 'Boy' - Page 5 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 4th May, 2018 - 12:34pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
BSA Quotes
Scouting
Post Date: 21st May, 2015 - 7:31pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Boy Scouts of America - Page 5

Boy Scouts President Robert Gates calls for organization to end its ban on gay adults

Robert Gates, the president of the Boy Scouts of America (BSA), today called for the organization to end its ban on gay adults, saying in remarks prepared for BSA's annual business meeting that "The status quo in our movement's membership cannot be sustained." Gates also said BSA would not revoke the charters of Boy Scouts chapters that defied the organization's ban on gay adults. Ref. USAToday

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th Jul, 2015 - 12:52am / Post ID: #

America Scouts Boy

Boy Scout board approves end to blanket ban on gay adults

NEW YORK (AP) — The Boy Scouts of America on Monday ended its blanket ban on gay adult leaders while allowing church-sponsored Scout units to maintain the exclusion for religious reasons. The ... Ref. Source 9k

Post Date: 31st Jan, 2017 - 3:05am / Post ID: #

Boy Scouts of America Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

The Boy Scouts of America opens the door for transgender children to become scouts by accepting the gender indicated on applications, BSA spokesperson said in a statement.

Previously, the organization deferred to an individual's birth certificate to determine eligibility for programs. Ref. Source 6m.

31st Jan, 2017 - 1:33pm / Post ID: #

Page 5 America Scouts Boy

Honestly, I feel that lifting the ban for gay inclusion in the Boy Scouts of America but allowing religious units to continue to exclude it about the best compromise that can be reached. If one wishes to join the Boy Scouts who is gay will be able to will churches will still be able to continue as per their religious belief.

Asking any more would I feel go against Freedom of Religion rights.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 31st Jan, 2017 - 1:34pm

Post Date: 13th Feb, 2017 - 7:55pm / Post ID: #

Boy Scouts of America
A Friend

America Scouts Boy

Speaking as a former Boy Scout who likewise had to hide things to avoid being kicked out. (In my case religious beliefs rather than sexual orientation), I am extremely glad to hear of them widening cracks in that wall.

The experience of being with a good BSA troop is something that I think every boy and girl should be able to have. The benefits are significant and myriad.

Unfortunately, that experience outside of the BSA is extremely tough to find. Even its counterpart in the Girl Scouts tends to falls a little short by the metric I use, even before the excessive focus on fundraising.

Post Date: 26th Jul, 2017 - 3:58am / Post ID: #

Boy Scouts of America

trump Parents fume over Scout speech. TRUMP'S bizarre Boy Scout speech has broken the golden rule of public speaking and earned him the wrath of parents. Source 8k.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 21st Mar, 2018 - 7:21pm / Post ID: #

Boy Scouts America - Page 5

Father sues Boy Scouts of America after son with Down syndrome is stripped of badges
Logan Blythe, a 15-year-old Utah boy with Down syndrome, wasn't allowed to complete his Boy Scouts of America Eagle Project with modifications. Source 3n.

Post Date: 4th May, 2018 - 12:34pm / Post ID: #

Boy Scouts America Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 5

With girls to join, Scouts to drop 'Boy' from name in 2019. Source 2t.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

> TOPIC: Boy Scouts of America

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,