Stand When Anthem Sung / Played

Stand Anthem Sung / Played - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 21st Apr, 2005 - 12:17pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 21st Apr, 2005 - 11:13am / Post ID: #

Stand When Anthem Sung / Played

Do you think that it should be against the law to NOT stand when your Country's National Anthem is played or sung? You may also wish to describe how you are supposed to stand for your anthem.

Sponsored Links:
21st Apr, 2005 - 11:24am / Post ID: #

Played Sung Anthem Stand

No. I don't think it should be against the law. However, I think someone should follow the person who doesn't stand out of whatever event it is that the anthem is played, and pound them into the sand. biggrin.gif I am only kidding, sort of. I would show absolute disgust to someone who can't do such a small thing as stand when the anthem of the country in which they are in is played. It shows respect to what the country stands for, has done for that person, and most especially, for those who have lost their lives in defense of that country. I don't think it should be politicized so that you don't stand because there is something the government is doing that you are against. Has the country in general been good to you. Do you wish to remain in that country. If not, leave. If so, stand...

This is of course, only my opinion and I recognize it is a strong one. Likely, it is the Marine in me.

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

21st Apr, 2005 - 12:17pm / Post ID: #

Stand When Anthem Sung / Played History & Civil Business Politics

As far as I know, the US is one of only a few nations (if not the only one) where this is a practice.

It definitely should not be covered by law. But I will join FBC in the chastisement. wink.gif

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

> TOPIC: Stand When Anthem Sung / Played

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,