Amazing Recovery

Amazing Recovery - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 5th May, 2005 - 6:54pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

10 Years after brain injury
3rd May, 2005 - 1:52pm / Post ID: #

Amazing Recovery

Ten years after a firefighter was left brain-damaged and mostly mute during a 1995 roof collapse, he did something that shocked his family and doctors: He perked up.

"I want to talk to my wife," Donald Herbert said out of the blue Saturday. Staff members of the nursing home where he has lived for more than seven years raced to get Linda Herbert on the telephone.

It was the first of many conversations the 44-year-old patient had with his wife, four sons and other family and friends during a 14-hour stretch, Herbert's uncle, Simon Manka said.  https://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7717220/

This is one more example why I don't want the plug pulled on me. No matter what the doctors say, no matter what someone else's recovery has been from the same injury, you just never know what the future holds.

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 4th May, 2005 - 10:27am / Post ID: #

Amazing Recovery
A Friend

Recovery Amazing

While this case is different from the Shiavo case, it makes you pause and wonder what could have been with others who have been let go. I personally don't want to be kept alive in that condition, I think that the situation should give people pause as to how quickly we make the decision to pull the plug on someone.

4th May, 2005 - 1:45pm / Post ID: #

Amazing Recovery History & Civil Business Politics

What a great blessing for that family!

Personally, after spending time in nursing hospitals visiting and caring for my sister, I wouldn't ever want to be left in one just vegetating away. I've seen the care (or lack thereof) that is provided, I've heard the screams, moans, and cries of these sad people, and that is not where I want to be for years and years while my family waits for... for what, exactly? Just let me go, and we'll meet again in the hereafter. There is no guarantee of recovery, and I'd rather my family didn't have to agonize and wait. And wait. And wait.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

5th May, 2005 - 6:54pm / Post ID: #

Recovery Amazing

the brain is a wonderous thing. in certain areas it can respond to things such as cold, hot, sensations. and other parts thinking, yet others the common motions of the body functions and movement. the firemans
brain was evidently hurt in an area where it left him comotose, I wonder if the family or Dr's did any sensation things with him while he was under to bring him back. awhile ago they had a brain dead baby that the mother wouldn't give up on and so she kept trying the sensation thing but the childs brain was gone and all that was left was a reaction part that keeps the body parts going and not the actual mental abilities. so they should try a regament of things on these type of patients to get those parts movated and perhaps awakened.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 15 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.5%

> TOPIC: Amazing Recovery

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,