Azerbaijan

Azerbaijan - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 5th Sep, 2005 - 8:36pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Few Words About Azerbaijan
Post Date: 4th May, 2005 - 8:50pm / Post ID: #

Azerbaijan
A Friend

Azerbaijan

As I see, no-one from here knows what Azerbaijan is. And where it situated. So, I want to tell you about Azerbaijan.

So...

Azerbaijan is a democratic republic. On October 18, 1991 the Republic proclaimed its independence. Azerbaijanian state is democratic, legal, secular, unitary republic.
State power in the Azerbaijan Republic is based on a principle of division of powers:

· Milli Majlis of the Azerbaijan Republic exercises legislative power;

· executive power belongs to the President of the Azerbaijan Republic;

· law courts of the Azerbaijan Republic exercise judicial power.

According to provisions of the Constitution legislative, executive and judicial power interact and are independent within the limits of their authority.
Legislative power in the Azerbaijan Republic is implemented by Milli Majlis of the Azerbaijan Republic. Milli Majlis of the Azerbaijan Republic consists of 125 deputies. Deputies of Milli Majlis of the Azerbaijan Republic are elected based on majority voting systems and general, equal and direct elections by way of free, individual and secret voting.
The President of the Azerbaijan Republic is the Head of the Azerbaijanian state. Executive power in the Azerbaijan Republic belongs to him.
Judicial power in Azerbaijan is implemented by law courts. Judicial power is implemented through the Constitutional Court of the Azerbaijan Republic, Supreme Court of the Azerbaijan Republic, Courts of Appeal of the Azerbaijan Republic, ordinary and specialized law courts of the Azerbaijan Republic. Judicial power is implemented by way of constitutional, civil and criminal legal proceedings and other forms of legislation provided for by law. Judicial system and legal proceedings in the Azerbaijan Republic are determined by law.
The state language of the Republic of Azerbaijan is Azerbaijani which is spoken by 95% of the population. The majority of the population profess their faith in Islam.
Nakhichevan Autonomous Republic is autonomous state within the Azerbaijan Republic.
The capital of Azerbaijan is Baku. The city occupies the territory of 192 thousand hectares. The population is about 2 million people.
There are 69 cities in the Republic of Azerbaijan and 11 of them are subordinated to the centre. Besides, there are 132 towns on the territory of the Republic.

The national currency of Azerbaijan is manat.
The Republic of Azerbaijan is situated in the eastern part of the Transcaucasus. It stretches from the north to the south, from the Greater Caucasus range to the mountains of the Lesser Caucasus and Talysh. Azerbaijan is washed by the Caspian Sea. In the west and north-west the Republic borders on Georgia and Armenia, in the south with Turkey and Iran, in the north with Russia, in the west it is washed by the Caspian Sea. The Capital of the Republic of Azerbaijan is Baku. The total area of Azerbaijan is 86,6 thousand sq km, which besides the mainland includes numerous small islands of the Caspian Sea.

I hope, I could help you imagine where is Azerbaijan. If you have any question, I'm in all ears.

Sponsored Links:
4th May, 2005 - 11:03pm / Post ID: #

Azerbaijan

Excellent information. Thank you very much.

So, is Azerbaijan considered part of Asia or Europe?

You said that almost everyone is Muslim. Is there any problem with radicals trying to make it into a theocracy?

What major language system is Azerbaijani base upon? What languages are similar?

Reconcile Edited: Nighthawk on 4th May, 2005 - 11:05pm

Post Date: 5th May, 2005 - 9:08am / Post ID: #

Azerbaijan
A Friend

Azerbaijan Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

I told,that almost everyone is muslim. It doesn't mean, that everyone is. There are also representatives of another religion, f.ex. orthodox, catholic, jewish and so on. The Constitution of Azerbaijan guaranties to all citizens the right of the religious freedom.
Azerbaijan language is almost the same with turkish. Have a lot of same words.
Azerbaijan is the part of Europe.

I want to attach the flag of Azerbaijan. Tell me pls. how can I do it?

5th May, 2005 - 9:59am / Post ID: #

Azerbaijan

Before 1991, what nation was this land considered a part of? Was in part of another nation that still exists or was it a nation consisting of the same borders as now, but with a different name?

5th May, 2005 - 12:07pm / Post ID: #

Azerbaijan

QUOTE (Choko @ 5-May 05, 4:08 AM)
I told,that almost everyone is muslim. It doesn't mean, that everyone is.

I realize what you meant, that there are members of other religions there. My question concerns the radical Islamist movements that are prevalent in other places, such as Iran and Pakistan. Is there any problem with that in Azerbaijan?

Offtopic but,
The Architect will have to address the issue of adding a new flag to the forum. He is very busy at the moment, but I am sure he will address this as soon as possible.

Please look up how to use the "offtopic" and "quote" tags". Information about them is available in the "Phone Home" function.

Post Date: 5th May, 2005 - 3:31pm / Post ID: #

Azerbaijan
A Friend

Azerbaijan

QUOTE (Nighthawk @ 5-May 05, 2:07 PM)
I realize what you meant, that there are members of other religions there.  My question concerns the radical Islamist movements that are prevalent in other places, such as Iran and Pakistan.  Is there any problem with that in Azerbaijan?

No, there is no problem.
In Azerbaijan people respects all creeds. And there are also such people, (for example myself) who thinks, that God is one. Just has a lot of names. In Islam - Allah, in other religions - Buddha, Jesus etc. I'm muslim, but I attend the orthodox church. And sometimes light a candle there. So, all creeds are respectable in Azerbaijan. And while meeting someone u'll never here an answer "what is your religion", cause it doesn't matter for people.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 5th Sep, 2005 - 8:36pm / Post ID: #

Azerbaijan
A Friend

Azerbaijan

So you are from Azerbaijan? How interesting. I know that Azerbaijan is the Caucaus Mountains and on the shore of the Caspian Sea and the capitol is Baku. Oh,and that it's a major oil producer. Other then that, I don't know much about Azerbaijan.

Message Edited!
Persephone: do not bring up off topic comments without using the offtopic tags. In addition to this, the author of this thread is a Guest and therefore cannot do some of the things you suggested.

Thread moved to the Traditions & Cultures Board.

> TOPIC: Azerbaijan

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,