Patriotism - Page 3 of 4

I do agree with that especially in a country - Page 3 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 11th Nov, 2008 - 4:31pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 

Is it misunderstood or misused?
18th Dec, 2006 - 10:40am / Post ID: #

Patriotism - Page 3

I take your point but I think you will find that there are many other countries other than the US that have freedom. This should not be something to be proud of it should be something we expect.

International Level: Negotiator / Political Participation: 453 ActivistPoliticianNegotiator 45.3%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 24th Dec, 2006 - 2:26am / Post ID: #

Patriotism
A Friend

Patriotism

I was using the US as an example, you missed the point. Every country has some element that makes them unique, something that most of the country can identify with, or some common goal. This is where patriotism stems from.

19th Oct, 2007 - 9:25pm / Post ID: #

Patriotism History & Civil Business Politics

I am supportive of most of what my country does, but I realize that it is imperfect. Still there is no where else in the World that I would rather live. I believe a part of Patriotism is loving and celebrating the good things in your country while working on changing the things for the better that I can change.

International Level: Politician / Political Participation: 109 ActivistPoliticianPolitician 10.9%

2nd Nov, 2008 - 11:04pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Patriotism

Was it Obama who said paying tax is patriotic? That is a whole load of cow nonsense and then some. That's like saying that it's patriotic to gives thieves your money.

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 28 ActivistPoliticianActivist 2.8%

Post Date: 11th Nov, 2008 - 12:41am / Post ID: #

Patriotism

Men in authority will always think that criticism of their policies is dangerous. They will always equate their policies with patriotism, and find criticism subversive.
-- Henry Steele Commager - (1902-1998) Historian and author

11th Nov, 2008 - 3:30pm / Post ID: #

Patriotism

Ok Walter I gather you dislike paying taxes. So I ask you this..Do you enjoy have police to patrol you city or an army to defend its border? How about In Canada where we enjoy medical facilities? Should your fearless leaders just pay that for you? Get a clue you every day enjoy the benefits of your tax dollars. So yes it is patriotic to pay your dues as you are helping to keep your country worth living in.

Have any doubts go visit ad live in Jamaica for a few years as a low income person you do not have to pay any tax only the well off do. But you are running home before the years up. The USA and Canada may not be perfect by any means but they are decent places to live. That has much to do with the those "leeches" in government who make the rules that keep it that way. So I will say to you as I do all nay sayers don't like what is going get out and see if you can find some where you like it better. You and your country will be better of for it.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
11th Nov, 2008 - 4:19pm / Post ID: #

Patriotism - Page 3

Maybe if people werent paying so many taxes then they would have more money to take care of themselves. More quid in the pockets of people means less crime means less policing. My point is that you don't have to take half my salary to run a country. There are millions of people here and if each man puts up a small share then there would be enough to go around and thensome.

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 28 ActivistPoliticianActivist 2.8%

11th Nov, 2008 - 4:31pm / Post ID: #

Patriotism Politics Business Civil & History - Page 3

I do agree with that especially in a country as small as yours with such a high populations. See some of the other boards were flat tax and such are being discussed I bet you have some great ideas to put forth.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Patriotism

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,