Primary Help Online

NEW ONLINE TRAINING AVAILABLE FOR PRIMARY TEACHERS
See https://www.lds.org/library/display/0,4945,...-3077-7,00.html

New interactive training is available to help Primary teachers and leaders
teach children reverence and appropriate behavior in Primary. The new
training is presented online in six slide shows. The lessons provide
suggestions for overcoming common behavior concerns many Primary teachers
face. Each interactive lesson lasts about 10 to 15 minutes. To access the
lessons, visit https://www.lds.org/pa/display/0,17884,5812-1,00.html.

Sponsored Links:
17th May, 2005 - 11:34pm / Post ID: #

Online Primary

I am glad they are making this available to all especially about the what to 'do' and what 'not to do'. The great thing about going to the web site too is that you know the content is always up to date and so you do not have the worry about manuals, etc.

On another note I see this move as the Church's continued progress to make everything available online as well as to cut down the 'extra' sites members have made to make up for the Church's lack thereof. I am sure that when everything is fully published online that another statement will be made by the Brethren advising members to somehow 'let' the Church handle it - similar to the 2000/2001 letter asking members to not have web sites representing Wards or Stakes.

17th May, 2005 - 11:51pm / Post ID: #

Primary Help Online Studies Doctrine Mormon

QUOTE (JB@Trinidad @ 17-May 05, 6:34 PM)
On another note I see this move as the Church's continued progress to make everything available online as well as to cut down the 'extra' sites members have made to make up for the Church's lack thereof. I am sure that when everything is fully published online that another statement will be made by the Brethren advising members to somehow 'let' the Church handle it - similar to the 2000/2001 letter asking members to not have web sites representing Wards or Stakes.

The thought of having the online training available seems like a very good idea. However, the point that you bring up here really does bother me.

If things go as you envision, then what the Church would be implying (if not stating outright) is that members are not allowed to explore options for themselves and present their own successes to other people.

I would hope that this is just an attempt to make more useful material available, and not preparation to try to close down the free flow of discussion among members.

18th May, 2005 - 12:17am / Post ID: #

Online Primary

Well I think the Brethren have the best interests of the wider population at heart since anyone (even a non-member or enemy to the Church) could throw up a web site and then claim LDS helps, tips, etc. while at the same time subtly imparting falsehood to the unsuspecting member. Right now I am witness to many business schemes online using the name of the Church to sell products. I believe that if members do maintain LDS related content that they will necessarily have to place many warning signals disclaiming any official ties to the Church - similar to what we have in the other LDS Boards. I just hope that there would never be a declaration that members should not run LDS Discussion Boards as has already been hinted in various forms already by the Brethren including the Prophet.

> TOPIC: Primary Help Online

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,