USA Domestic Terrorism - Page 2 of 17

I believe that the government is now over - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 5th Aug, 2006 - 12:23pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (17) »
Terrorists in the USA
7th Mar, 2006 - 5:39am / Post ID: #

USA Domestic Terrorism - Page 2

This can't help the US-UAE ports deal and the attention it's been receiving from the local government

Tehran, Dubai to strengthen ties
Relations sure to be raised in UAE port controversy

Senior officials of the Iranian government met with United Arab Emirates Prime Minister Sheikh Mohammad ben Rashid al-Maktoum today in Dubai with both sides pledging to strengthen relations in all areas

The official Iranian Islamic Republic News Agency reports Deputy Foreign Minister Mehdi Mostafavi and the UAE's Sheikh Mohammad pledged to strengthen ties between the two Persian Gulf nations.

https://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article....RTICLE_ID=49136

While this seems harmless activity to the UAE, it is certainly a negative factor when it comes to the US, seeing how closely they are monitoring Iran and their nuclear program. The article also talks about the UAE inquiring about Palestinian developments, and as we all know, the infamous Hamas organization is now in control of Palestine, so now we have a double whammy.

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

Sponsored Links:
10th Mar, 2006 - 10:56am / Post ID: #

Terrorism Domestic USA

Well, it seems some of the higher ups had a good think through with regards to who would run the US ports:

QUOTE (CNN)
Dubai-owned company has decided to transfer fully the U.S. operation of P&O ports in North America to a U.S. entity, according to Sen. John Warner.

However, one has to be suspicious enough to wonder if the Dubai owned company will not have an indirect connection to the company they are handing over their operations to.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

10th Mar, 2006 - 11:57pm / Post ID: #

USA Domestic Terrorism History & Civil Business Politics

I, for one, am glad that the decision was made to turn this endeavor over to a US based company. The ramifications of allowing a UAE owned company to regulate port security would have been too great. Hopefully something like this does not happen again. This is one instance where the media really brought an issue to light that needed to be addressed, and I give them credit for doing so. If not, this deal would have went through unnoticed.

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

14th Mar, 2006 - 5:50am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Terrorism Domestic USA

I'm a bit confused by all this fear over the Dubai Ports World. Are you guys opposed to it controlling US ports because you fear a terrorist attack, or because it is a company with a poor track record?

I fail to see how the world's third largest ports group is interested in running terrorist-prone ports. That's hardly good business practice.

In fact the UAE is not know as a country that harbours many terrorists, it's quite a wealthy oil state that has extensive business dealings around the world. Saudi Arabia was home to the most September 11 terrorists, but yet there is very little said about the fact it controls about 7 per cent of the US economy. Should the Saudis be treated differently because their main asset is oil?

I must say this whole deal does smell of cronyism, especially when you consider that the UAE has invested $8 billion into the Carlyle Group, of which Bush senior is involved.

I've actually heard that Dubai Ports World run some of the most efficient ports in the world.

But anyway, here are five facts about Dubai Ports World I found on the Internet.

Shareholders at Britains P&O, who had been managing the ports, voted last week in favour of Dubai Ports multibillion dollar bid, giving the firm control over the management of P&Os global operations, including in the US ports of New York and New Jersey, Baltimore, Philadelphia, New Orleans and Miami.

The deal made Dubai Ports World the worlds third-largest ports group.

Dubai Ports World purchased the global port assets of US freight rail company CSX Corp. in 2005 for $1.15 billion. US Treasury Secretary John Snow is a former chairman of CSX, but left the company a year before the Dubai deal.

One of DP Worlds top executives, David Sanborn, was nominated by President George W. Bush in January to become the administrator of the Maritime Administration in the US Department of Transportation. At least one senator plans to hold up Sanborns confirmation until more questions about the port deal are answered.

Dubai Ports has international operations in the Dominican Republic, Venezuela, Germany, Romania, Morocco, Saudi Arabia, Djibouti, India, China, Malaysia, South Korea and Australia in addition to the UAE. 

One more simple fact which highlights hypocrisy amongst the Bush Administration. The UAE, just like Hamas, fail to recognise Israel, but remain a strong ally. Can someone please explain this one?

International Level: Negotiator / Political Participation: 453 ActivistPoliticianNegotiator 45.3%

Post Date: 1st May, 2006 - 1:04pm / Post ID: #

USA Domestic Terrorism
A Friend

Terrorism Domestic USA

Personally, I just think that US ports should be run by US companies. The safety of the country does come into play, but since we are allies, I think you have to show some support for them. In the end though, it comes down to money. US companies running the ports means more dollars for US workers. That is a main reason I was against foreign companies running the ports.

3rd May, 2006 - 6:10am / Post ID: #

USA Domestic Terrorism

Weren't US airports run by US companies prior to September 11?

I understand the safety aspect, but in this case it seems to be more of a political statement than anything else. If Dubai Ports World had a questionable record then fine. But apparently they have a good reputation.

I actually believe they were selected because they are a major sponsor of the Carlisle Group. But anyway it would be interesting to know who will run the ports in their place.

International Level: Negotiator / Political Participation: 453 ActivistPoliticianNegotiator 45.3%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 23rd Jun, 2006 - 1:22am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

USA Domestic Terrorism - Page 2

Breaking News

CNN sources believe potential targets for terror suspects arrested in Miami today included Sears Tower, Chicago, and Miami's FBI building.
Ref. CNN

Post Date: 5th Aug, 2006 - 12:23pm / Post ID: #

USA Domestic Terrorism
A Friend

USA Domestic Terrorism Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

I believe that the government is now over stating the threat and is just trying to make us more afraid. Scared people bow easier when things like the Cheney-Spectre Bill are trying to pass that will take away more liberties. Now, they want us to believe there are goblins everywhere trying to get us. After 9/11, when confronted with the fact that they knew about it before hand, their excuse was that these threats come in by the hundreds. Now they still come in, but they publicize them all over the place. Just another scare tactic! How did knowing that there were supposed terrorist plots all over the country help me or you or any one at all?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (17) »

> TOPIC: USA Domestic Terrorism

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,