Being Drafted by the Military

Being Drafted Military - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 23rd Jan, 2019 - 9:51pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Are you ready for it?
Post Date: 19th May, 2005 - 6:03pm / Post ID: #

No matter what your age and physical condition, if your country went to war now and chose to draft you in would you be psychologically ready for it? Consider the following about wether you would try to dodge the draft if…

1. You were against the war
2. You feel you will become very depressed or suicidal if you participate in war
3. You have a medical condition, but the military still needs you
4. You have contacts in high places and Know you can escape the draft
5. You can get the next plane out to a neutral country.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 20th May, 2005 - 5:56am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Military the Drafted Being

First off, I am completely against war. Psychologically, I could handle it, but physically, I am in no shape to go to war. If they need me, I would have to have my very high blood pressure taken care of and they would have to ensure my disabled wife would be taken care of.

I would never think of dodging the draft if it came to that. I believe that right or wrong, this is my country, and I would owe it to the thousands of men and women who have died before me and will die after me to do my part when my country calls. I would loath going to war, but I would answer the call and do my duty to my country.

20th May, 2005 - 5:48pm / Post ID: #

Being Drafted by the Military History & Civil Business Politics

I am definitely not ready to be in a war; physically or psychologically. I, however, would not dodge the draft because I pledged allegiance to my country when I was born here and became a citizen. I would not dodge because I know there are many others like myself, who are risking their lives for their country, and I could not betray them. I hope the draft is never reinstated in my lifetime or my children's, but I would purposely serve my country if asked to.

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

21st May, 2005 - 2:08am / Post ID: #

I think that if a case came up where people beyond "normal" draft age and condition were to be drafted, it would most likely be a case of the country being invaded. In such a case, you would literally be protecting your own home.

As a veteran, of course I would join. I have already placed myself in harm's way once, and am willing to do it again. However, my physical condition does not support such action.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

Post Date: 15th Jun, 2005 - 12:09pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

In my opinion if the US suffers a great deficit in acquiring the man power that it needs then a draft could become eminent, take a look at this:

MILITARY ACADEMIES ATTRACT FEWER APPLICANTS

Applications from high school students to each of the three prestigious U.S.
military academies dropped this year, officials said on Monday, at the same
time the Army is struggling to sign up new recruits.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2005/EDUCATION/06/14/us...reut/index.html

Post Date: 22nd Feb, 2016 - 2:13am / Post ID: #

Lawsuit over women in draft back in action

A lawsuit that argues it is discriminatory to require only men to register for the military draft has been given new life. An appeals court found the hot-button issue is now “ripe for adjudication,” given that combat positions are opening up to women. Ref. Source 8k.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 2nd Dec, 2016 - 5:26am / Post ID: #

Being Drafted the Military

President Obama wants women to register for the draft

President Obama supports requiring women to register for Selective Service "As a logical next step" to efforts to open the military to women, a White House official tells USA TODAY. Congress appears poised to send Obama a bill that would study the issue. Ref. USAToday.

Post Date: 23rd Jan, 2019 - 9:51pm / Post ID: #

Being Drafted the Military Politics Business Civil & History

Should women be required to register for the draft? A congressional panel is likely to recommend big changes. The National Commission on Military, National, and Public Service will deliver an interim report Wednesday on some controversial issues. The military said it's committed to an all-volunteer force and doesn't have plans to implement a draft. But expanding the draft to include women would help by doubling the number of recruiting leads, officials argued, and foster a sense of gender inclusion in the national defense. Source 5o.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Being Drafted by the Military

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,