Calaban Introduction

Calaban Introduction - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 23rd May, 2005 - 2:51am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 22nd May, 2005 - 4:01am / Post ID: #

Me
Member Learner
[?] CPosts: 17
Flag Posts: 19
Avg: 0.0 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 0.1%
[+] Gain: 200.00 FP
Charm: 2

Calaban Introduction

I am Calaban, from the Deep South in the United States, Georgia to be specific. I have been interested both in RPGs and the Medieval period for as long as I can recall. I teach high school English -- Brit. Lit. and Advanced Placement -- so I get to delve into the topic frequently and deeply. I tend toward computer RPGs and PS2 adventures these days, but I cut my teeth on Scott Adams text-based games on the Commodore Vic 20. Beofre that, it was choose your own adventure books. From the age of 10, I was an avid D&D player, though I haven't played seriously since undergrad. I'm here because no computer can play like a person. And of course, I love to chat with like minded folks. I am an incorigible bibliophile and a ruthless grammarian. I love Harry Potter and all things Tolkien; combined with Star Wars, they make up a formidable triumvirate of epics for our time.

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Democrat
Tenet: Christian (secular) | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 22nd May, 2005 - 3:47am
Signature:
Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 22nd May, 2005 - 5:56am / Post ID: #

Member Watchful Eye
[?] CPosts: 719
Flag Posts: 1,226
Avg: 0.2 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 4.5%
Charm: 53

Introduction Calaban

Welcome Calaban! I hope you enjoy this forum then, as it includes both the Medieval RPGs, and a wide variety of discussion which includes movies, books, RPGs, consoles, and about everything there is to discuss. A few rules before you get into roleplaying: To get an RPGer status you must be at least 16 years of age, which it looks like you are, have 30 posts in the forums that go toward your post count, and maintain a participation rate of 75% which is about three posts a day. Have fun here!

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Independent
Tenet: Agnostic | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Thirty Something | Joined: Reg. 25th Oct, 2004 - 4:32am
Signature: When all men think alike, no one thinks much.
Post Date: 22nd May, 2005 - 10:39am / Post ID: #

Calaban Introduction
A Friend

Calaban Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

Welcome to the forum Calaban! I hope that you will join us on the Medieval RPG when we start our next adventure. Right now, we are getting ready to get our selves killed in death mountain, so we may be done soon! Glad to have you here!

Post Date: 23rd May, 2005 - 2:46am / Post ID: #

Me
Member Learner
[?] CPosts: 17
Flag Posts: 19
Avg: 0.0 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 0.1%
Charm: 2

Introduction Calaban

Thanks guys. I hope I can maintain the post count. I am currently working toward my EdS degree, which, for the uninitiated, is the coursework between the masters degree and the EdD disertation process. That means I am WAY busy, at least until the middle of June, when the short semester is over. Until then, it's 4 nights a week for me. I registered here as something for me, if only for 30 minutes a day, to keep me sane. And I'm not there yet because Death Mountain sounds pretty nifty.

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Democrat
Tenet: Christian (secular) | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 22nd May, 2005 - 3:47am
Signature:
Post Date: 23rd May, 2005 - 2:51am / Post ID: #

Diamond + Chief
[?] CPosts: 5,097
Flag Posts: 7,087
Avg: 0.9 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 24.2%
[+] Gain: 1,203.00 FP
Charm: 301

Introduction Calaban

Welcome to the Forum, Calaban! We're glad to have you join us. Thanks for the informative introduction; we really appreciate knowing a bit about our newcomers. Please do update your profile, and select an avatar to represent you, if you wish. We welcome your participation here, and look forward to your posts.

Welcome, and Enjoy!
Roz

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Conservative
Tenet: LDS (Mormon) | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Sixty Something | Joined: Reg. 28th Jun, 2003 - 12:34pm
Signature: Don't miss out on a blessing because it's not packaged the way you expect.

> TOPIC: Calaban Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,