What You Wanted To Become & What You Are Now

What Wanted Now - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 27th May, 2017 - 7:40pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

The kind of person you wanted to be...
Post Date: 8th May, 2017 - 10:32am / Post ID: #

When you were younger you wanted to become someone (Have a certain personality or demeanor) how far off are you now from what you wanted to be? Do you have regrets?

Note: This is not the same as: When You Grow Up? which focuses on profession.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 8th May, 2017 - 10:59am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Now You and To Wanted What

When I was a kid I was the new kid on the block. All the other kids had been there since they were born. Their parents had been there and knew each other too. I was Greek and Italian. They were all Irish. I got beat up a lot. It taught me to fight and to hate bullies. It also taught me that getting beat up wasn't that bad as long as what you fought for was a righteous cause. So, as I grew older I learned to defend myself and I learned to stand up to bullies and to up for those who were being bullied.

I also loved the military. When I was in 1st grade I was nearly held back because my reading wasn't quite as good as many of the other kids. I just squeaked by. Many didn't. That summer my parents took me to the local library and got me a library card. We searched high and low for a book to read. Then I found one, it was about WW 2. My love of the military and history was born.

Now, when you take the two things above and add them together I guess I was destined for the life I have. You see, I can't talk bout what I became without talking about my career too. I stand up for the weak. That is why I became a soldier. My one regret is that I wish I could have found the woman that was meant for me. I found who I thought was and I was wrong. I know she's out there… still looking.

Post Date: 8th May, 2017 - 2:03pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

What You Wanted To Become & What You Are Now Health & Special Psychology

I wanted to be a police officer as I grew up and worked to find a way to get that. I tried college but soon found that I was tired of classrooms and then decided to join the Army. I scored very high on the entrance tests and was told I could do any job I desired and they hinted very heavy at being a officer. I was wanting to be a Military Police and thus I entered the Military police Corps and have not looked back. I spent 9.5 years as a military police officer in the regular army or National guard.

I applied for lots of police officer positions in and around the state I live in. I applied for US Marshals even. I always made the final list but my number came up. I was called back up for Desert Shield/Storm. After that I was messed up and could no longer pursue my dream job. SO now I am in security and doing a job that is very close to police work. I am happy with where I am at.

27th May, 2017 - 7:40pm / Post ID: #

Now You and To Wanted What

I would wish to become a professional writer, scholar, musician skilled in the violin, harp, and piano, and a linguist proficient in many languages. Not only being able to speak and understand, but also read and write in said languages.

I would want to become more charming, become physically fit and lose the fat and bulk, and generally become more confidant especially in a social setting. I would want to become a world traveler, experiencing as much of the world as I could possibly do in a lifetime. Learning of different cultures and their histories, their legends and folklore, as well their mythologies and religion.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 27th May, 2017 - 7:40pm

> TOPIC: What You Wanted To Become & What You Are Now

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,