Sleep Disorder

Sleep Disorder - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 6th Aug, 2017 - 12:04am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

psychology discussion Mental Disorder
Post Date: 20th Feb, 2013 - 5:17am / Post ID: #

Sleep Disorder

Sleep Disorder Review

Experiences and questions related to the debilitating mental disorder Sleep Disorder should be added here.

Sponsored Links:
18th May, 2016 - 8:26pm / Post ID: #

Disorder Sleep

I want to share my experience with a sleep disorder.

When I was in my 30's I was giving blood on a regular basis. One day I went to give blood and was not able to because my Blood pressure was to high. I was told not to worry about it to much that it was probably a fluke thing, so I didn't until the next time I went to give Blood and it was high again. It worried me so I went to the doctor. The doctor asked me a bunch of questions on how I was sleeping and after the question and answer session he asked me to have a sleep test done. So I did and found out I had severe Sleep Apnea. I would stop breathing 71 times an hour and because of that was not getting enough, if any, REM sleep.
I kind of always suspected I had Sleep Apnea but didn’t think it was a big deal. Looking back now I am amazed I never hurt someone while I was driving because I always fell asleep behind the wheel. I one time even fell asleep on a scaffold with a paint brush in my hand. Taking that sleep test and getting a CPAP machine was the best thing I could have ever done. I don’t wake up feeling like I never slept. Plus I haven’t had heart burn since the first day I used my machine and that was a few years ago.

Post Date: 12th Jun, 2016 - 11:27am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Sleep Disorder Health & Special Psychology

Implantable device cuts obstructive sleep apnea symptoms

Since the 1980s, continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) -- in which positive pressure is pushed through the nasal airways to help users breathe while sleeping - has been by far the most widely used treatment for obstructive sleep apnea (OSA). With more than 18 million people experiencing OSA, a number expected to rise, new results from a case study of a new device implanted in the chest called hypoglossal nerve stimulation (HGNS) offers promise for patients with moderate to severe OSA who cannot tolerate CPAP. Ref. Source 3e.

Post Date: 21st Nov, 2016 - 2:23pm / Post ID: #

Disorder Sleep

Sleep apnea may make lung cancer more deadly

New research shows that a lack of oxygen during sleep helps enable the spread of cancer cells. Ref. Source 7a.

Post Date: 30th May, 2017 - 5:43pm / Post ID: #

Disorder Sleep

Connecting the dots between dreams and brain disease. Scientists have unveiled a connection between sleep disorders and neurodegenerative conditions like Parkinson's Disease. The work reveals REM-active neurons are responsible for turning on and off dreaming. Dysfunction in these cells, called REM sleep behavior disorder is associated in up to 80 percent of the cases with neurodegenerative disorders later in life. Ref. Source 6j.

Post Date: 5th Jun, 2017 - 8:49pm / Post ID: #

Sleep Disorder

New disposable, wearable patch found to effectively detect sleep apnea. Results of a definitive clinical trial show that a new, disposable diagnostic patch effectively detects obstructive sleep apnea across all severity levels. Source 5u.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 6th Aug, 2017 - 12:04am / Post ID: #

Sleep Disorder

Muscle, not brain, may hold answers to some sleep disorders. Scientists exploring the brain for answers to certain sleep disorders may have been looking in the wrong place, suggests new research. Source 9i.

> TOPIC: Sleep Disorder

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,