Social Anxiety Disorder

Social Anxiety Disorder - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 19th Apr, 2020 - 6:03pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
psychology discussion Mental Disorder
Post Date: 26th Mar, 2013 - 10:26am / Post ID: #

Social Anxiety Disorder

Social Anxiety Disorder

The mental disorder: Social Anxiety Disorder and its related debilitating characteristics can be Discussed in this Thread.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th Dec, 2016 - 11:12pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Disorder Anxiety Social

Social anxiety disorders? Cognitive therapy most effective treatment

Social phobia is the most common anxiety disorder of our time. But the current treatment regimen for patients with this diagnosis has not proven very effective. Researchers spent 10 years studying alternative treatments to find that cognitive therapy works best for social anxiety disorders. Ref. Source 9r.

Post Date: 22nd Dec, 2016 - 12:44pm / Post ID: #

Social Anxiety Disorder Health & Special Psychology

A cure for social anxiety disorders

Social phobia is the most common anxiety disorder of our time. But the current treatment regimen for patients with this diagnosis has not proven very effective. Now a team of researchers believes they have found a cure for social anxiety disorders. Ref. Source 6f.

Post Date: 7th Feb, 2017 - 6:10pm / Post ID: #

Disorder Anxiety Social

Psychotherapy normalizes the brain in social phobia

Anxiety in social situations is not a rare problem: Around one in ten people are affected by social anxiety disorder during their lifetime. Social anxiety disorder is diagnosed if fears and anxiety in social situations significantly impair everyday life and cause intense suffering. Talking in front of a larger group can be one typical feared situation. A study now reveals that the successful treatment of an anxiety disorder alters key brain structures that are involved in processing and regulating emotions. Ref. Source 7o.

Post Date: 11th Mar, 2017 - 10:31pm / Post ID: #

Disorder Anxiety Social

Social phobia: Indication of a genetic cause

People with social anxiety avoid situations in which they are exposed to judgment by others. Those affected also lead a withdrawn life. Researchers have now found evidence for a gene that is believed to be linked to the illness. It encodes a serotonin transporter in the brain. Interestingly, this messenger suppresses feelings of anxiety and depressiveness. Ref. Source 1r.

12th Mar, 2017 - 1:39pm / Post ID: #

Social Anxiety Disorder

Hmm, it is interesting how much I can relate to the above though I do believe that I at worse have a mild form of social anxiety though the symptoms could also relate to my aspergers.

A desire to avoid situation where I might be judged by others or that might lead to conflict, being uncomfortable in large crowds where many are talking or even simply proximity and even preferring one on one conversations, and even my preference to online conversation where I don't need to be in front of others.

Despite this, though perhaps not for long as it can be draining, I can be very social and even talkative where I can be very open about myself to complete strangers. Where I can strike up a conversation with a few questions to gauge another's interests to see what to talk about, and even just talking about myself.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 9th Jun, 2017 - 7:09pm / Post ID: #

Social Anxiety Disorder

Anxious people worry about risk, not loss. Life is a series of choices. Every time you make a decision, there is a possibility that things won’t go as expected (Risk) or that something bad will happen (Loss). Aversion to risk and loss have powerful influences on how we make decisions. In a new paper researchers studied the influence of risk and loss aversion in people with anxiety, a disorder characterized by debilitating avoidance behavior and difficulties making daily-life decisions. Mailbox:///U:/Portable/PortableApps/ThunderbirdPortable/Data/profile/Mail/t/Inbox?number=3820648#56.

19th Apr, 2020 - 6:03pm / Post ID: #

Social Anxiety Disorder Psychology Special & Health

I have been diagnosed with social anxiety, and it's much more than what people think. No only do I worry about the risks (As what the article above is talking about), but I also worry about how others perceive me. I'm sure it has to do with the neglect I endured as a child, and all the abuse I saw at that time as well.

It used to be so bad that I would have a panic attack if I even thought of leaving my apartment. I couldn't do the dishes in front of my husband because I was so terrified of making a mistake and him judging me. At work, it's taken about two years just to get to the point where I can feel comfortable enough to speak about myself on a personal level.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Social Anxiety Disorder

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,