- Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 6th Feb, 2013 - 12:45pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Discuss  U S Postal Services,United States Postal Service
Post Date: 25th May, 2005 - 1:25pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

U. S. Postal Services - United States Postal Service

Specialty Stamps Boost Business

The U.S. Postal Service earns an extra $150 million to $200 million annually from collectors who buy and don't use stamps.
Ref. https://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/ns/news/us.jsp...tamp_collecting

U. S. Postal Services - United States Postal Service (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 27th May, 2005 - 8:37am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Service Postal States United Services Postal S U

I don't fault the post office for putting out specialty stamps. I used to collect stamps when I was a kid. Despite the large amount of money that the post office makes, for a collector, its actually quite inexpensive of a hobby. You can buy a set of ten stamps that are in a new release for under four dollars. Can you name another hobby that you can actively collect for so little tender?

18th Feb, 2009 - 4:30pm / Post ID: #

U. S. Postal Services - United States Postal Service History & Civil Business Politics

Seems like the rate for a US stamp is going up and the postmaster general also wants to cut back mail delivery to five days a week.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3208 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 18th Feb, 2009 - 4:39pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I have no problem with them raising the rates as I have not mailed any parcels out for close to a year now. I just hope they do not find a way to tax the use of e-mail.

Post Date: 6th Sep, 2011 - 11:36pm / Post ID: #

United States Postal Service

Postal Service Is Nearing Default as Losses Mount:

The United States Postal Service has long lived on the financial edge, but it has never been as close to the precipice as it is today: the agency is so low on cash that it will not be able to make a $5.5 billion payment due this month and may have to shut down entirely this winter unless Congress takes emergency action to stabilize its finances. Ref. Source 7

Post Date: 28th Sep, 2011 - 1:12pm / Post ID: #

Shock Doctrine at U.S. Postal Service: Is a Manufactured Crisis Behind Push Toward Privatization?:

Postal workers say the much touted crisis facing the U.S. Postal Service isn't what it seems. Rather, they point to a 2006 law that forced the USPS to find enough money to fund 75 years of retiree health benefits over just a 10-year span. Ref. Source 3

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 7th Oct, 2011 - 9:34pm / Post ID: #

U. S. Postal Services United States Postal Service

Doomed: Post Office solution? More junk mail

If anyone wasn't sure why the Post Office is losing $8 billion a year, their latest solution should give some indication why they are floundering. Facing massive and increasing deficits the genius thinkers at the Post Office have come up with a solution. The future of their business will now depend on -- more junk mail. Yup, not making it up - that's the new plan. More junk. Ref. Source 5

Post Date: 6th Feb, 2013 - 12:45pm / Post ID: #

U. S. Postal Services United States Postal Service Politics Business Civil & History

The financially struggling U.S. Postal Service says it plans to stop delivering mail on Saturdays, but it will continue delivering packages six days a week. In an announcement scheduled for later Wednesday, the government agency is expected to say the cut, beginning in August, would mean a cost saving of about $2 billion annually. Ref. USAToday

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: U. S. Postal Services - United States Postal Service

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,