Questions To Ask An Attorney

Questions Attorney - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 27th May, 2005 - 7:59am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 25th May, 2005 - 4:34pm / Post ID: #

Are you the type of person that just leaves it all up to your lawyer to handle your case or do you get involved? Here are some questions you should ask:

* What are my legal options? What should my next steps be?
* Does my case have merit? What are its strengths and weaknesses?
* What are the risks involved in pursuing legal recourse?
* What are the estimated financial costs of a lawsuit?
* What kind of relief is likely in my case? Reinstatement? Promotion? Monetary settlement? Attorney fees?
* Do you work on a contingency basis? Do you have a sliding scale fee?
* What are the costs of expenses such as depositions, transcripts, travel, and copying?
* How long do you estimate my lawsuit taking?
* How many cases of sex discrimination have you litigated?
* What were the outcomes of those cases?
* On average, how long did those cases last?
* If you are unable to take my case, do you have other referrals?
Ref. https://www.aauw.org/laf/system/questions.cfm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 27th May, 2005 - 7:59am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Attorney Ask Questions

I know allot of these questions can be answered by using a service called prepaid legal. It is a service in which you may monthly ensuring that you always have a lawyer on hand and your services that you don't pay for go up the longer you are with them. The lawyers in the firm that represent you have an open book policy in which you can look up all their cases and their history. They hold them to a high standard if they are to stay with the group. They will handle anything from traffic tickets to murder cases. I don't personally have this service, but I sold it once, and several of my friends have it and swear by it, especially since they have teens.

> TOPIC: Questions To Ask An Attorney

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,