Pakistan Politics - Pakistan Woes - Page 6 of 10

I think that is just talk to appease the masses. - Page 6 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 16th Sep, 2008 - 12:12pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 10 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Pakistan Government Nuclear weapons, but no clean water
Post Date: 8th Aug, 2008 - 3:50am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Pakistan Politics - Pakistan Woes - Page 6

Trouble For Musharraf

Pakistan's ruling coalition parties say they will begin impeachment proceedings against President Pervez Musharraf.
Ref. BBC

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 18th Aug, 2008 - 10:41am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Woes Pakistan Politics Pakistan

End of an Era

Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf says he will resign, ahead of impeachment proceedings against him.
Ref. BBC

10th Sep, 2008 - 2:17am / Post ID: #

Pakistan Politics - Pakistan Woes History & Civil Business Politics

Zardari takes office in Pakistan

Asif Ali Zardari is sworn in as Pakistani president facing a rampant Islamist insurgency and daunting economic problems.
Ref. Source 7

I have some thoughts, it may sound like a conspiracy, but they are mostly questions:

1. Why hasn't there been no assassination attempt on Zarari?
2. Would he have been elected if his relative was not assassinated?
3. What does this mean for the alliance of the US with Pakistan?
4. It seems two things are brewing very hot right now - anger over US hits in Pakistan and the India border fighting.

He will have a lot of fun things to handle in office.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3208 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

10th Sep, 2008 - 4:54am / Post ID: #

Page 6 Woes Pakistan Politics Pakistan

The article pointed out some questions about corruption with President Zardari. That will be interesting, because that kind of habit is hard to break with more power! I expect that he will be removed in a coup within about 2 years, when the military tires of the corruption that isnt going their way (see how Musharraf got into power in the first place).

No, he would not have gotten into power if his wife were not killed. He rightly accepted the office in his wife's name.

Not sure I am looking for a assassination just yet. He has to be there long enough to upset people first. Event then, I am looking for a coup by the military. They are going to be the ones left out by Musharraf's ouster.

The Pakistani's are just upset in general. Butta's killing, in fighting with Islamic extremist, longtime fighting/skirmishing with India, US involvement are all churning up the populous.

US papers are reporting that there will not be much change with the new leaders of Pakistan. The US will not have carte blanche in Pakistan, but they dont have a enemy either. I think everyone like money!

Reconcile Edited: Vincenzo on 10th Sep, 2008 - 4:57am

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

10th Sep, 2008 - 4:59am / Post ID: #

Woes Pakistan Politics Pakistan

You are right, the Pakistani army does have a lot to lose by Musharraf not being high up to reward their generals and officers. I doubt Musharraf will just sit quietly, he will be looking and watching. He tasted the power and once you get that high the view is just not good enough from any other position.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3208 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

10th Sep, 2008 - 5:16am / Post ID: #

Pakistan Politics - Pakistan Woes

Remember, up and until earlier this year, Musharraf held two positions. He was President and Commander of the Military. He gave up his military seat to appease some of his critics earlier in the year, but that wasnt enough. What I wonder is can he get that Commander's position back or a positiion high up in the military now that he is not the president. I am not sure who makes those calls in Pakistan.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
16th Sep, 2008 - 12:07pm / Post ID: #

Pakistan Politics Pakistan Woes - Page 6

Now this is interesting. Pakistan has given their military the orders to stop any US unauthorized incursion into the region.

apnews

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan -  DEVELOPING: Pakistan's army spokesman says its forces have orders to open fire if U.S. troops launch another raid across the Afghan border.

Pakistani officials issued sharp protests to Washington after helicopters ferried U.S. commandos into Pakistan's South Waziristan region on Sept. 3 for a highly unusual ground attack into a militant stronghold.

Army spokesman Maj. Gen. Athar Abbas told The Associated Press that, after the raid, the military told its field commanders to prevent any similar raids.

Abbas said that if it was clear that troops had crossed the ill-defined border into Pakistani territory, either on the ground or in the air, that troops should "open fire."

He said, "No incursion is to be tolerated."

I will be interested to see if there is authorization forthcoming in the future or if this order will be tested...

16th Sep, 2008 - 12:12pm / Post ID: #

Pakistan Politics Pakistan Woes Politics Business Civil & History - Page 6

I think that is just talk to appease the masses.

Then again, as has already been expressed, probably new leadership means a new turn of the tide with being a 'strong' ally to the US. I do not think a lot of terrorists and Bin Laden are able to hide out in Pakistan just because it is so large - everyone seems to forget that Pakistan is an Islamic state no matter how 'democratic' it tries to portray itself.

+  « First of 10 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 

> TOPIC: Pakistan Politics - Pakistan Woes

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,