Pakistan Politics - Pakistan Woes - Page 2 of 10

I"m not sure I believe that Pakistan's - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 23rd Mar, 2006 - 6:02am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (10) »
Pakistan Government Nuclear weapons, but no clean water
6th Nov, 2005 - 7:40am / Post ID: #

Pakistan Politics - Pakistan Woes - Page 2

I think the sheer number of natural disasters is having a huge effect. But while I hate to dwell on it, the lack of media coverage is also disappointng. It's amazing how access to pictures influences how newsworthy a disaster is.

Following the Tsunami there was a flood of images and footage that was beamed across the world. With this disaster I have seen very few images of the actual earthquake.

I don't believe Pakistan helping the US has anything to do with the poor relief effort. It's just not a desirable country to help for several reasons. As sad as that is, that is the world we live in.

It is possible that some of the poor could be poached by Taliban or other organisations, but I doubt this will be significant.

International Level: Negotiator / Political Participation: 453 ActivistPoliticianNegotiator 45.3%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 8th Nov, 2005 - 12:43pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Woes Pakistan Politics Pakistan

U.N.: QUAKE SURVIVORS WILL FREEZE

One month after a massive quake rocked South Asia, the top U.N. humanitarian official called it a "race against time" to help more than 200,000 people in the higher mountainous regions of Pakistan.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/asiapcf/11/0...uake/index.html

Post Date: 22nd Nov, 2005 - 1:23pm / Post ID: #

Pakistan Politics - Pakistan Woes History & Civil Business Politics

HUMAN TRAFFICKING A THREAT TO PAKISTAN QUAKE SURVIVORS

An international aid agency is working with the Pakistani government to help survivors of last month's earthquake fight the threat of human trafficking.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/200...tan_051121.html

Post Date: 29th Nov, 2005 - 12:21pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Woes Pakistan Politics Pakistan

WINTER STORM KILLS HOMELESS PAKISTANI QUAKE VICTIMS

The first major winter storm has hit Pakistani Kashmir, killing two people left homeless by last month's earthquake as aid workers warn it could be the tip of the iceberg.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/200...aid-051128.html

22nd Mar, 2006 - 12:30am / Post ID: #

Woes Pakistan Politics Pakistan

An interesting news article:
https://www.cnsnews.com/ViewForeignBureaus....R20060321b.html
Pakistani Women Victims of Islamic Ordinances
This is a very sad news piece. It shows how terrible life is for women under Muslim law.

Women in Pakistan face worsening discrimination, according to a new report that said "honor" killings are still a serious problem and that most of the thousands of women in jail are being held under controversial Islamic ordinances.

Conditions faced by women in prisons were also poor, the commission said, with many reports of overcrowding, torture and rape by prison guards. Women were sometimes kept in male prisons, and juveniles held together with convicted adults.

An especially notorious hudud provision requires a rape victim to present four male Muslim witnesses of good standing to back her claim, failing which she can herself be charged with adultery.

As far as I am concerned, this shows true barbarism within a supposedly "modern" nation.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

22nd Mar, 2006 - 1:32am / Post ID: #

Pakistan Politics - Pakistan Woes

This is a very sad report but I think you incorrectly link these acts with the Muslim faith.

Honour killings are not confined to Muslims. I am aware they occur in many parts of south Asia, including non-Muslim parts of India. They also occur in Africa and other parts of the world. I think they are a hideous, backwards act. But it is wrong to pigeon-hole honour killings as an act of Islam.

You can not link prisoner rape as a product of Islamic law. Rape is not a religiously motivated act. It is a criminal act and no doubt in breach of Pakistan's law. Rape is also against US, Australian and just about every other nation's laws I am aware of. But find me a country where rape is not a reality of prisoner life?

Pakistan has a lot of troubles but this is not because they are a Muslim country. Malaysia is a Muslim country and has a very low crime rate.

International Level: Negotiator / Political Participation: 453 ActivistPoliticianNegotiator 45.3%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
22nd Mar, 2006 - 11:00pm / Post ID: #

Pakistan Politics Pakistan Woes - Page 2

I never tied it to Islam. I pointed out how this is happening in this modern world. I despise any culture that doesn't crack down on, prosecute, and execute men who do these things. It is even worse when the government not only officially approves of these actions, but actually passes laws causing even more pain and oppression on their own women.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

23rd Mar, 2006 - 6:02am / Post ID: #

Pakistan Politics Pakistan Woes Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

I"m not sure I believe that Pakistan's government and laws sanction rape or honour killings. Could you find me the piece of legislation that does this and an example of officials who encourage such disgusting behaviour?

I agree that authorities should come down hard on such criminals acts. However, policing in a country like Pakistan is very different and vastly more difficult than it is in western countries. The government doesn't even control all of Pakistan, it is quite a lawless state.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (10) »

> TOPIC: Pakistan Politics - Pakistan Woes

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,