Abortion & Ultrasound

Abortion Ultrasound - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 15th Nov, 2014 - 2:44am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Abortion & Ultrasound You are now required to see the unborn you are about to kill before you proceed.
Post Date: 26th May, 2005 - 11:36am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Abortion & Ultrasound

Michigan House Approves Ultrasound Before Abortion Bill

Lansing, MI (LifeNews.com) -- Members of the Michigan state House overwhelmingly approved legislation that would require abortion businesses to allow women considering an abortion to first see an ultrasound of their unborn child before performing one. The House approved the measure on a 69-37 vote and it now heads to the state Senate for consideration. State Representative Dave Robertson, the lead sponsor, said his bill allows women to get fetal development information they might otherwise not receive. He also hopes the ultrasound will help women rethink their abortion decision. "It would be very informative to the woman and she should be given that opportunity," Robertson said, according to an Associated Press report. "I hope it will save women from the emotional agony of knowing they have aborted their baby." A spokesman for the American Civil Liberties Union of Michigan said his group opposed the measure, House Bill 4446, and could possibly file a legal challenge if it becomes law.
Ref. Source

Abortion & Ultrasound
Abortion & Ultrasound (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 26th May, 2005 - 12:04pm / Post ID: #

Abortion & Ultrasound
A Friend

Ultrasound and Abortion

I think this is a great idea! This retains free choice, but forces women to face their decision before it takes place! I wonder how many women will not be able to have the abortion after they see the living human being inside of them.

26th May, 2005 - 2:31pm / Post ID: #

Abortion & Ultrasound History & Civil Business Politics

It doesn't look like it will be a requirement that the woman be given the ultrasound, just that she be given the choice if she wants to see the unborn child. How many women do you really think, who have gone in for an abortion, are going to opt to see the baby first? I doubt many would.

I think it should be a requirement. However, that will never make its way to law and if it did, it would be struck down by the courts.

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

27th May, 2005 - 12:32am / Post ID: #

Ultrasound and Abortion

I agree with FBC. Most women will realize that seeing the ultrasound may make them reconsider the decision to have an abortion. Since there is no medical reason to have an ultrasound prior to an abortion, then I doubt that requiring one would ever be allowed to become law. I agree that the ultrasound would curb many of the abortions. What I would like to see implemented is forcing the mother to gain signed consent from the father of the child before an abortion can be done. In my opinion, too many times the father is not even aware they have a child. Any decision like an abortion should require both signatures, unless of course one of the parents is deceased, etc.

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

27th May, 2005 - 4:04am / Post ID: #

Ultrasound and Abortion

First of all, I think it's a terrific idea to have the *choice* of an ultrasound prior to the final act of killing the baby. Abortion clinics don't refer to "the baby" at all -- they call it "the products of conception," as if there is not a living being involved, but just "tissue." I think particularly young women would benefit from knowing they could see what exactly the "products of conception" are at 12 weeks! It's not just some mass of cells, but a real, live baby.

Secondly, to respond to your idea that fathers should be notified, Malexander. While in principle I think it's a good idea, in practice it just isn't feasible. In my opinion, most women or young girls are having an abortion because the "father" is long gone, has already expressed his negative opinion about having a child (and may even be the driving force behind the abortion), etc. If there were more loving potential fathers in the picture, I believe there would be a lot fewer abortions.

Kudos to Michigan for getting the ball rolling on reform.

Roz

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Post Date: 24th Mar, 2007 - 11:04am / Post ID: #

Abortion & Ultrasound

TEXAS LAWMAKER OFFERS CHOICE: ABORTION OR $500

A Texas legislator has proposed that pregnant women considering abortion be offered $500 not to end their pregnancies.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2007/US/03/23/texas.abo...reut/index.html

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 9th Feb, 2013 - 10:07pm / Post ID: #

Abortion & Ultrasound

78% of Pregnant Women Seeing an Ultrasound Reject Abortions
Ultrasounds before abortions are routine in some abortion clinics. In others, they are performed only under certain circumstances.

Former Planned Parenthood worker Catherine Anthony Adair said the following in an interview:

At the time I worked for Planned Parenthood ultrasounds were only done if the woman was unsure of the dates of her last menstrual period, or if the doctor ordered one. Women were not given the option of viewing the ultrasound. Ref. Source 9

Post Date: 15th Nov, 2014 - 2:44am / Post ID: #

Abortion & Ultrasound Politics Business Civil & History

Ultrasound Shows Baby Boy Smiling Ear to Ear, Now He's the "Happiest Baby" Ever

Ultrasound has given humanity a window to the womb, which is why pro-life advocates have worked for the passage of legislation that would allow a mother to see her unborn child prior to an abortion. Ref. Source 5

> TOPIC: Abortion & Ultrasound

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,