Kali Introduction

Kali Introduction - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 2nd Jul, 2005 - 2:27am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 27th May, 2005 - 9:38am / Post ID: #

Kali Introduction
A Friend

Kali Introduction

Hi I'm Kali.

Note that I am not Kali the Goddess of Death but if you feel like worshipping me. I am fine with it. As now seen I do posses a sense of humor, which is as large as it is dark.

Why am I here= To run amok and cause havoc and then to take over the world. I'm here to learn RPG and to read other peoples views and ideas as well as their thoughts on various subjects. I can get opinionated then so can everybody else at times. However I do listen and expect the same back. Respect is a two way street with me.

Likes = Most things, I'm into vampiric folklore and all thing attached to said same folklore. Mythology and ancient history I adore, there are many things I enjoy far too many to list.

Dislikes= rudeness, unfairness, racism and other isms as well as closed cliche groups. Pet hate personal privacy/ freedoms invasion. My personal data is just that personal. I get angry at breaches in it, that includes sites I join. That is privacy invasion is not exclusive to just my own data it means everybody's. Sites/people that lack or are careless with such data. I will vent my rage at. There is no need to breach privacy full stop. Spam and site spammers. Dishonesty. People who don't update or run anti-virus programmes. Swearing and bad language.

Me= WYSIWYG. I support the underdogs of society. I challenge the system at times and I am a Skeptic. Not a hardcore skeptic but a new breed that has an open mind and listens. I'm also an atheist. I'll listen to your reasons why you think/feel the need for god but you have to listen to mine. Shove anything down my throat and you'll get like for like back. I can also be closed as well as an open person, All I ask is if you don't get where I am coming from or presume I am reacting in away that I am not, ie:- angry when not. Ask me I know how I am and what I feel and say. Your interpretation of me may not be correct. I'd rather you ask are you p****d at me, than assume and jump down my throat, wrongly. Misunderstandings are a killer and are unnecessary when a simple question can clear it up. Note I am also guilty of it and I don't always follow my own advice. Well I never said I was perfect. My curiosity and zest for life are as large as my sense of humor.

Computers = I manage to get by. I learn by my own mistakes or by experiencing a problem. What I don't know I soon find out, if I can't then the computer is dead or I don't need it. I have my own site, which covers a small proportion of my many interests. It is my baby and I love it as well as the poor inhabitant I have trapped there.

My job, my work etc is classified and private. That is a non negotiable area with me, as is some other aspects of my private life. I hope you will respect that.

So how's that, are you afraid of me yet. Or should I just check into madness central and put myself into a padded room with a fetching jacket?
laugh.gif

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 27th May, 2005 - 12:16pm / Post ID: #

Me
Diamond + G.I. Jane
[?] CPosts: 3,057
Flag Posts: 4,267
Avg: 0.6 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 14.7%
[+] Gain: 200.00 FP
Charm: 183

Introduction Kali

Welcome to the forum. I find your opening post a bit standoffish. We are a close community. We don't always agree, but when we do so, it is done with civility. We do not tolerate flaming for example.

This is a discussion forum. That usually means some sharing is done. I wonder why someone who is so adament regarding personal privacy would want to be part of such a forum. It seems to me like you have begun here ranting at us without even knowing what this palce is all about or even having any idea of the people who are members here.

Please remember that you must post regularly in order to participate in RPG on this site. I hope you are just barking loudly at the start but in fact turn out to be a friendly puppy.

We have lots of interesting and diverse topics up for discussion here. Before you begin posting please take time to read this thread about good posting.... Then, I look forward to your thoughtful comments.

Reconcile Edited: funbikerchick on 27th May, 2005 - 12:18pm

Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Unsure
Tenet: LDS (Mormon) | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Sixty Something | Joined: Reg. 25th Sep, 2003 - 11:45am
Signature: Tena is a very important person, let no one forget that
Post Date: 27th May, 2005 - 1:45pm / Post ID: #

Me
Member Graced
[?] CPosts: 144
Flag Posts: 149
Avg: 0.0 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 0.6%
Charm: 4

Kali Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

Welcome kali....I actually viewed this post thinking you may be a friend I grew up with In Auckland New Zealand.....but only to discover you're female. My friend Kali is a half niuean and half tongan guy who served a mission in Papua NEw Guinea for my church but you sound as exciting as him...Hope to see more posts from you!

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Democrat
Tenet: LDS (Mormon) | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 26th Jan, 2005 - 12:04pm
Signature: See ya when I see you!
Post Date: 29th Jun, 2005 - 4:22pm / Post ID: #

Kali Introduction
A Friend

Introduction Kali

QUOTE (sese @ 27-May 05, 8:45 AM)
Welcome kali....I actually viewed this post thinking you may be a friend I grew up with In Auckland New Zealand.....but only to discover you're female.  My friend Kali is a half niuean and half tongan guy who served a mission in Papua NEw Guinea for my church but you sound as exciting as him...Hope to see more posts from you!

Why thank you Sese and likewise I look forward to reading some of your thoughts, via posts that is. Your friend sounds wonderful, I hope you catch up with him at sometime. Did you know Kali means Curry in Malaysian? Good job I like curry's having sharing the same name as one.

QUOTE (funbikerchick @ 27-May 05, 7:16 AM)
Welcome to the forum. I find your opening post a bit standoffish. We are a close community. We don't always agree, but when we do so, it is done with civility. We do not tolerate flaming for example.

I don't tolerate flaming either, I haven't flame either for that matter. So we have something in common, a dislike of flaming and possible flamers who make a habit of doing such thing across the net. I also hate the use of foul language for that matter as well. Likewise I prefer civility and common respect to people's differing views, I feel it never hurts to listen to another's point or side of view, no matter how different it is from one's own. I like the statement, 'agree to disagree', I am a firm user of such.

However as you made comment about my introduction. I shall respond to yours. From my point of view, my comment was made in light/ humor. Hence smilies added. If you or me or anybody for that matter, mis-reads somebodies post, it does not hurt to PM them first and ask is your post a rage at or? Far better than to be far to quick to pass judgement at a mis-judged take.

If by saying the truth of what I feel strongly about is not acceptable and is deemed standoffish so be it, I will agree to disagree here.

Now your reply comes across to me as extremely very sharp, too quick to judge out of context, and perhaps more standoffish than mine in your opinon. I suspect you meant it not to come across so offensively, so in this instance I shall not take your reply so.

However, I won't back down from what is my own personal opinion and view on such a matter of personal data and disclosure of such. The law is quite specific in this area. I would not expect anybody else to and I don't see why I should be made to feel less of a person, because I hold such a stance, just because it is deemed by somebody as standoffish or whatever else fits the bill.

If I have a view just as strongly on a different subject altogether, and my view is in error and when seeing presenting facts to such I will back down or at least re-evaluate my held view. Again I would ask that others afford me or another the same right. The law on personal data and privacy invasion is just that a law and I abide by the laws, I hope that others do as well. In the data/privacy law I am a strong advocate for, it is one law I stand firmly behind. Identify theft is not joking matter and that the reality to such laxes in such, no matter how remote.

Thank you for the welcome.

This is a discussion forum. That usually means some sharing is done. I wonder why someone who is so adamant regarding personal privacy would want to be part of such a forum. It seems to me like you have begun here ranting at us without even knowing what this place is all about or even having any idea of the people who are members here.

Sharing is one thing, but passing on personal data is quite another matter. If I want somebody to have my personal phone number, e-mail or other such personalised items it is up to me to do so and not be ordered to do so is it not? I choose what I wish to share in real life and I apply the same on the net and as such I will be the one to pass on such if I so choose. What I chose to share or not share all I ask is that my wish is respected. I respect that of others who do the same, I don't see the problem or the need for such a comment made about it?

Would you give me or anybody unknown your bank details? I know I wouldn't and I would be horrified if somebody did. Yet it is the same thing just a different analogy. Likewise handing out phone numbers to persons as yet unknown. Unless I know somebody very well such things that I class as personal will remain so. I have seen enough in Internet stalking and other such gut wrenching crimes committed against persons, to chose to apply over-caution where necessary. Am I so wrong here now, is being wary and applying protection measures such a crime? From my perspective I don't think so. I think I am doing what many official bodies urge to do.

Note by personal data I mean selling of such site gathered data, ISP harvesting, that more than often results in spam. I find that distasteful and unscrupulous and I do question the morals of such persons doing so. I did not say this site or implied such. I gave my personal view on something I feel strongly on.
We believe that everyone is entitled to their own point of view. You do not have to believe in what anyone says in their messages, but you do need to respect their view(s). It is okay to be disagreeable so long as it is done in a polite way.

Is that not what this site advocates? Even I know not everybody will get on. Unless you bind and gag them or hold ransom their teddy bears that is. Everybody has a different view, such is the spice of life. I just don't knock them for it. Push me into a corner and don't be to surprised that I don't defend it. Everybody does it at some point in time.

If I was to rant I mark it so with a so everybody is fully aware of it, it is one of those things I do. Unless it is marked so, I am just chatting with a large grin on my face as per normal.

Please remember that you must post regularly in order to participate in RPG on this site. I hope you are just barking loudly at the start but in fact turn out to be a friendly puppy
Like wise I hope you are not a snarling wildebeest but a ray of warm sunshine. biggrin.gif

The RPG is something I am keen to observe in action, maybe also participate in when I feel I am able to without causing too much embarrassment to myself and blinding others through tears of laughter.

We have lots of interesting and diverse topics up for discussion here. Before you begin posting please take time to read this thread about good posting.... Then, I look forward to your thoughtful comments.

This post has been edited by funbikerchick on 27-May 05, 7:18 AM

I already have, and made posts in the areas I have managed to navigate myself on to. This site is confusing but no doubt I'll finally conqor map reading or resorting to use a ball of string to find my way around. Likewise I look forward to reading yours.

Post Date: 29th Jun, 2005 - 4:44pm / Post ID: #

Kali Introduction
A Friend

Introduction Kali

I think a lot of people share your same views on privacy and what not. What you decide to put on the table is your business, and personally, I don't think anyone here is interested in anything else but polite conversation. Some people are more private than others, and I believe all members respect each other's wishes. If you read other's introductions, moderators tend to just welcome you into the community and I am sure what Funbiker was offering to you, was the same offering we all get as a new member. Don't take it as a personal attack that no one thinks you've read the rules prior to joining. smile.gif
It's nice to meet you.
Renee

Post Date: 29th Jun, 2005 - 4:55pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,031
Flag Posts: 51,688
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,589.83 FP
Charm: 394

Kali Introduction

Welcome to the Community. Just to clear up on any misunderstood notions...

As it says in many places in this site... we do NOT want any personal or confidental information shared, we have not asked for it either. User are even warned about this via our disclaimer: https://www.bordeglobal.com/disclaimer.html

Now, with that being said, all we ask is that you keep your profile up to date (some fields were asked to be filled in when you first joined - and you have done that) so that things like: religion, country, reason for being here and Email are known. The reason for the first three is to help prevent misunderstandings (or even help understanding) and the last is so you are able to get news / updates about the site.

Personally I think you are doing well so far and believe me, FunBikerChick means all the good in the world, she is one of our great moderators here (you will notice here subtitle) describes a known tone she takes. All the best.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 29th Jun, 2005 - 6:02pm / Post ID: #

Me
Diamond + G.I. Jane
[?] CPosts: 3,057
Flag Posts: 4,267
Avg: 0.6 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 14.7%
Charm: 183

Kali Introduction

Kali, what I said was I found it a bit standoffish. To me, it appeared like you came here angry at something about this site and were ranting at us.

My personal data is just that personal. I get angry at breaches in it, that includes sites I join. That is privacy invasion is not exclusive to just my own data it means everybody's. Sites/people that lack or are careless with such data.

We certainly aren't interested in your phone number or address. In fact, I don't want to know anything more about you than you wish to share. However, I got the impression you were angry at what questions were asked of you when you joined. If that is the case, then I would say why join? If that wasn't the case, I was letting you know how it appeared to me so that you could clarify it for me and anyone else who might read your introduction.

As far as suggesting you read the rules on posting, that is a standard request made of all new members and definitely wasn't directed at you for any specific reason.

Also, I didn't mean to suggest you were flaming anyone. I was simply using that as an example of how we do things differently here than you may have experienced on other forums. This was meant as further support for why the rules should be read.

I certainly have no intention of getting into a battle with you over this. I sincerely hope you find this site of interest to you and worthy of your frequent participation. I love it here and hope we can become "internet friends."

Thank you to all who defended me in this matter. Yes, I sometimes seem harsh, and no, it is not usually intentional.

Reconcile Edited: funbikerchick on 29th Jun, 2005 - 9:43pm

Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Unsure
Tenet: LDS (Mormon) | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Sixty Something | Joined: Reg. 25th Sep, 2003 - 11:45am
Signature: Tena is a very important person, let no one forget that
Post Date: 2nd Jul, 2005 - 2:27am / Post ID: #

Diamond + Chief
[?] CPosts: 5,097
Flag Posts: 7,087
Avg: 0.9 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 24.2%
[+] Gain: 1,203.00 FP
Charm: 301

Kali Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing

Well, after all that...

Welcome to the Forum, Kali! I see you've been finding your way around well enough, and that's a good thing. We welcome your participation here, and look forward to more of your posts.

Welcome, and Enjoy!
Roz

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Conservative
Tenet: LDS (Mormon) | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Sixty Something | Joined: Reg. 28th Jun, 2003 - 12:34pm
Signature: Don't miss out on a blessing because it's not packaged the way you expect.
+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Kali Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,