2006 Soccer World Championship - Page 7 of 9

I am glad Portugal won over England. It is - Page 7 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 1st Jul, 2006 - 7:55pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 9 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
This Thread is not for the weak or those that think they know about Football. This Thread is not for wimps or students. This Thread is for the true hardcore World Cup 2006 fan that means business! Rant on...
20th Jun, 2006 - 9:40pm / Post ID: #

2006 Soccer World Championship - Page 7

Poland-2 Costa Rica-1

Well at least Poland got some goals under their belt and left with a win. Sadly both teams are already out of the World Cup.

Paraguay-2 T&T-0

A disappointing game, I think Paraguay actually scored 3, but the sideline referee saw a handball?. I found out that Latapy smokes 40 cigarettes a day and that may be the reason Benhakker did not bring him on before. Both teams now leave the World Cup, but at least Paraguay leave actually scoring goals.

England-1 Sweden-1

Sad to say England still cannot beat the Sweds.

Sponsored Links:
28th Jun, 2006 - 1:53pm / Post ID: #

Championship World Soccer

I have not had a chance to post goal scores and review each match so I will just place a general overview now.

First off the Ghana / Brasil match was really unfair and I believe Referees need to be held accountable for such blundering mistakes that causes a side to lose. As was discussed I believe there really needs to be a fourth official that not only checks time, but makes a final decision on certain calls made since the referee is not perfect.

The France / Spain match was really good and I was glad to see Zidane finally score a goal, a goal that was not really needed, but nevertheless it is now to his credit.

The next big match is Germany vs. Argentina, I do not know, but that seems like quite a stretch to me.

Post Date: 28th Jun, 2006 - 7:22pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

2006 Soccer World Championship Sports & Fashion Music Movies

FRANCE SCORES TWO LATE GOALS TO RALLY PAST SPAIN 3-1

French fans had not celebrated with such abandon in a World Cup stadium since 1998. Then again, Zinedine Zidane had not played a game like this one in eight years.
Ref. https://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/socc...e.ap/index.html

29th Jun, 2006 - 3:42pm / Post ID: #

Page 7 Championship World Soccer

I was disappointed in the second goal France scored, because I believe Henry was not fouled at all. He did a good job selling the foul, and the subsequent free kick is what led to the goal. Zidane's goal late was a great one.

England still continues to unimpress me. I still however have them going past Portugal, and their strong defense and lucky chances on offense may take them all the way to the final. On the other side of the bracket, Italy has an easy matchup with Ukraine before they possibly face Brazil. Brazil still has not come together as one team, and I believe Italy's defense will frustrate them.

Tomorrow's matchup between Argentina and Germany should be a good one, but the Germans seem to have the momentum and may stun the Argentines behind some home cooking. Sorry LDS_forever!

29th Jun, 2006 - 4:28pm / Post ID: #

Championship World Soccer

I really did not know that Chinese people were so fanatic of the World Cup. Look at these examples below:

1) A fire broke out in the center of the Chinese capital at 3am. A mother and wife took her little baby and ran out. Her husband took the television instead! and did not even bother about his house burning. When he was out, he looked for an electric socket to plug in and continue watching his game.

2) One man quit his job in Beijing to return to his hometown Chongqing so he could watch the whole tournament uninterrupted. The 23-year-old's boss at the IT company had offered him a pay rise, but he turned it down flat, saying the World Cup was more important than his job.

3) Local police were forced to release a thief arrested for stealing a mobile phone when the victim refused to press charges because he did not want to miss the start of a match.

4) One man in the southeastern city had to sign a contract with his wife agreeing to do all the housework during the month of the finals so he could watch the matches at night.

5) Another guy, took a less diplomatic approach. When his cheers during the Argentina-Ivory Coast match woke his wife and she switched off the television, he locked her in their bedroom and settled back down to watch the game ignoring her loud protests.

laugh.gif These people are mad.

https://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060629/od_nm/...DRpBHNlYwM3NTc-

Reconcile Edited: LDS_forever on 29th Jun, 2006 - 4:29pm

30th Jun, 2006 - 8:32pm / Post ID: #

2006 Soccer World Championship

You people should have seen LDS_forever watching the Argentina vs. Germany match, I almost thought she was going to have a heart attack. The game was good, but somehow Argentina lost their zeal after making that first goal against Germany. It is always ashame to have a game brought down to penalties - but that is how it goes - sorry LDS_forever.

I am watching the Italy / Ukraine match and it certainly is exciting, but it looks like Italy will go through.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
1st Jul, 2006 - 2:06am / Post ID: #

2006 Soccer World Championship - Page 7

I am so disappointed and sad that Argentina is out of the World Cup by penalties. It was definitely their mistake since they were in advantage and the change of Riquelme for Cambiasso shows that the coach wanted to play defensive until the end of the game. HUGE mistake. There is nothing else I can say than the World Cup is over for me. sad.gif

1st Jul, 2006 - 7:55pm / Post ID: #

2006 Soccer World Championship Movies Music Fashion & Sports - Page 7

I am glad Portugal won over England. It is always ashame when it comes down to penalties, but such is the life when you do not score winning goals during game play. I also found English style football to be too mechanical - it lacks style and flare.

+  « First of 9 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

> TOPIC: 2006 Soccer World Championship

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,