2006 Soccer World Championship - Page 8 of 9

Well, Zidane is already getting publicity - Page 8 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 10th Jul, 2006 - 1:47am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 9 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 
This Thread is not for the weak or those that think they know about Football. This Thread is not for wimps or students. This Thread is for the true hardcore World Cup 2006 fan that means business! Rant on...
1st Jul, 2006 - 9:02pm / Post ID: #

2006 Soccer World Championship - Page 8

France-1 Brasil-0

Beautiful game and of course my team won and this made it all the better! The Brazilians are over-rated in my opinion, they have not shown any real meat in the World Cup and France showed them that this is for the semi-finals, not first round qualifiers.

Sponsored Links:
4th Jul, 2006 - 10:43pm / Post ID: #

Championship World Soccer

Italy- 2 Germany- 0

What a game. I think the Germans really expected to go to penalties since it was left only 2 minutes of extra time but Italy did not give up and they knew if they went to penalties that Germany would win. So within two minutes, Italy scored two goals and the big Germany is now officially out of the World Cup 2006.

6th Jul, 2006 - 2:29am / Post ID: #

2006 Soccer World Championship Sports & Fashion Music Movies

France-1 Portugal-0

People, did I not say that France would reach the final? This was an exciting match with constant motion on both sides.

8th Jul, 2006 - 2:22pm / Post ID: #

Page 8 Championship World Soccer

JB, I did not know you were rooting for France. I have always made it well known that I am a fan of Italian football, so I guess we will be cheering for opposite teams this Sunday.
I am very happy to see the Italians peak at the right time, and I admit that the matchup with France scares me a bit. The battle between Zidane and Pierlo in the midfield will be one to watch because it will be the key to setting up the goal scorers on each end.
Buffon has a great edge over Barthez in goal, and both sides have good defenses. It will be an interesting match, but I'll be rooting for the Italians to win their 4th World Cup. Go Azurri!

8th Jul, 2006 - 11:06pm / Post ID: #

Championship World Soccer

I have always chosen France mostly because of my heritage. I am guessing it will be 1-0 France. LDS_forever says it will be 2-1 Italy. So, it seems I am the lone supporter of France: Go Zidane!

Germany-3 Portugal-1

The first half was exciting but ended with 0-0, so I went to do some things and did not see the second half and was surprised to hear how many goals were made. I am sure the Germans were told during the break. "Do it at least for honor!"

9th Jul, 2006 - 11:30pm / Post ID: #

2006 Soccer World Championship

Italy Wins World Cup

So, the Italians have won it what will be a dramatically reported World Cup tomorrow with all the talking points being highlighted especially the wrestling head butt by Zidane - a shocker! It was so unexpected because he is not known to be so emotional or aggressive.

Later I understood that he was in tears - stupid move on such a big stage.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
10th Jul, 2006 - 1:10am / Post ID: #

2006 Soccer World Championship - Page 8

Yeah for Italy, yeah for the Azzurri! I am so happy that Italy won. I could not believe they finally won a penalty kick shootout in the World Cup. All five penalties were well taken and firmly netted. I too was surprised to see Zidane react the way he did. I am sure FIFA would be handing down a very stiff suspension if he was not already retiring. It is too bad that he had to leave on such a sour note, but he should have known better. Now Italy has to go home and face the match fixing scandals and wonder which club they will be playing for this year. It is good they will be returning with the World Cup trophy.

10th Jul, 2006 - 1:47am / Post ID: #

2006 Soccer World Championship Movies Music Fashion & Sports - Page 8

Well, Zidane is already getting publicity in the news. Check this one:
https://sport.scotsman.com/football_worldcu...m?id=1004102006

Keep in mind as the headline says... it is because of 'instant replay' that he got sold out. I am sure the fourth official was watching - I am really not sure if the linesman really saw it. However, this goes to prove my point about replay action discussed in another thread.

In this one Bitter Domenech defends Zidane:
https://www.inthenews.co.uk/sports/sport/fo...#036;444364.htm

+  « First of 9 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 

> TOPIC: 2006 Soccer World Championship

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,